4 years is coming up August 29th.

bzerm01
on 8/22/05 5:06 am - Ford City, PA
I will celebrate 4 years post-op next Monday the 29th. I now weigh 145 and have lost 180 pounds. I am now finding that the honeymoon is over and I am glad it lasted this long. I am starting to gain a little weight up from 137 at my lowest. I have been using more protein and watching what I eat but it is now getting to be a struggle. I am wanting to eat more and I cannot afford to gain. Any suggestions? I had Dr Ikramuddin when I had my surgery at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh. Thanks for being there and for listening.
WendyNVA
on 9/19/05 9:00 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Bobbi, Congrats on 4 years. I'm right there with ya. I don't really have any advice, fighting a rebound myself. Docs are thrilled, its all my "issues", a daily struggle. Keep fighting the fight, look out for yourself, and enjoy life. Wendy
bzerm01
on 9/2/06 12:16 pm - Ford City, PA
Thanks Wendy for being right there with me. I now have 5 years and want to know how you are doing. I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I must have missed your reply. Take care Bobbi
macrobin
on 2/11/06 2:41 am
Bobbi, The majority of people WILL gain some weight back after so many years. How MUCH weight you regain will be totally up to you. If you stick to the protein then you'll stay the same, but if you eat like you did before then you can gain all of your weight back and more! God bless you on the rest of your journey!
bzerm01
on 2/17/06 7:58 am - Ford City, PA
Robin, Thank you for replying. I am doing alright now. I have lost 5 of the extra pounds and I am still drinking protein and taking my vitamins. I am now 145 pounds and living life to the fullest! Bobbi
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 Year update!
LIZA B. · 0 replies · 604 views
My nine year update
macrobin · 1 replies · 659 views
Where are you ladies?
thestylest · 0 replies · 754 views