Recent Posts

jfaria
on 3/17/05 6:41 am - West Warwick, RI
Topic: RE: New..Need an Email Buddy
Hi Elizabeth, Welcome! I will be 7 months out next week and am feeling great. Each day presents a new struggle, though. I'd encourage you to read my profile - if you think I am someone you'd like to talk with, please email me. Jen
momxtwo
on 3/17/05 4:44 am - Green Bay, WI
Hey Elizabeth, I had RNY on 8/2/04 down 77lbs as of today. I have 55lbs to go to reach what I think is a good goal. Slow and steady if you read my profile. I also am so glad that I did this for myself and my family. I work during the week so if you are around during the day I will send you my work email on a different email. Cheri
NonaCadona
on 3/17/05 3:24 am - in the mountains of, NC
Topic: RE: WEIGHT STALL AT 7 MONTHS
Guuuuurlll you look terrific! Nona
Debra F.
on 3/17/05 2:34 am - Houston, TX
Hi Elizabeth... this is my second surgery and I am so glad I did this... I am down to 145 as of this morning.... Please feel free to email me... my first surgery was 6 years ago and my second was on 8/3/04... so I have a lot of experience... Welcome to the board.. there are really great and supportive people on this board.. also try your state board.. I know the Texas board is VERY supportive... plus we have get togethers once a month and people post their support group meetins which are really important to get involved wiht Debra 227/205/145/120 goal
Linda R.
on 3/16/05 8:46 pm - maryville, tn
Welcome Elizabeth !!! Congrats on your weight lose !! This is a great place and everyone is always helpful and nice. Best to you, Linda
Smile N.
on 3/16/05 4:39 am - Near Charlotte, NC
Topic: New..Need an Email Buddy
Hello Everyone, I am new to the group. I have looked at this website briefly before but this is the first time I have posted. I had Lap RNY surgery in Charlotte, NC in August 2004. I am 7 months post-op and down 110 lbs. I still have 90 lbs to get to my goal. I am feeling good and so glad I did this. This is the best thing I have ever done. I am looking for an email buddy. I would love to find someone that is at least 7 months out or longer. I want to chat about problems and personal struggles I have. Also, I would like to help the person in return. I am looking for someone to become friends with and chat. If you are interested please email me. This seems like a great website and I am go glad I found it. Thank you, Elizabeth
Leslie H.
on 3/16/05 1:03 am - Round Rock, TX
Topic: RE: Snack Challenge--Time to Report!
Oh, Amber, I'm so sorry that happened to you! How miserable. I must have a high tolerance for fat (unfortunately) because I haven't had any problems with high fat foods yet. I got a half-rack of babyback ribs at Chili's a couple of weeks ago and they were great! I had no bad reaction. Are babybacks not as high in fat as regular ribs perhaps? Anyway, lesson learned I guess. Sorry your new food experience was an icky one. Thanks for the warning, though--I'll be more cautious in the future, just in case. ---- Leslie -97
amberVBchick
on 3/15/05 10:18 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Okay, well this isn't a snack, but I thought I'd share my experience from last night. My hubby and I had a meeting to go to so he called me before I left work and said to stay in the SUV when I get home and we'll go out to eat before our meeting. So we went to Applebee's. I had salad for lunch so I didn't want to get my usual Santa Fe salad for dinner. I decided I wanted red meat, so I got the small order of riblets. WRONG!!! I yakked for 30 minutes after we left. I felt horrible! And we missed our meeting. So no more high fat meats for me!!!
amberVBchick
on 3/15/05 10:10 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
YUMMM!!! Is it soft serve style??? I have been DYING for some soft serve!!! We have a TCBY here, so I just might have to swing by after my water aerobics class tonight! Thanks Karin!
Stephanie C.
on 3/15/05 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: Help Question
Hi. My doc told me that when you start working out or lifting weights to expect the weight loss to seem to slow down. If you didn't already know muscle weighs alot more than fat. So if you are gaining muscle that is why it seems you are not losing. I am at my ideal weight and I am still losing no matter what I do. I have slowed it down by eating alot more carbs but every few days I still see a lb come off. I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Stephanie
Most Active