Recent Posts

Slender_once_again
on 6/5/11 1:43 pm - portsmouth, VA
Topic: RE: Hi ALL ! some issues.. WG, Anemic and such...
"..... Has anyone here experienced this tiredness and what have you done for it.  Also the rib pain, I am told it could be scar tissue.  ....." 

WOW So much of what you said seems to be me!   The MD's alsp told me it was mentaland not physical! Then  a simple blood test showed my ferritin levels were 5 ( normal I believe is over 60) This was very stange because the hemmaglobin and hematcrit were on the low side of normal.! Further testing showed very low Vit D and potassium levels!

I remember one day I had to go foos shopping. So I did a few short errands and then parked at the foodmart.  As I was aslking to the store, I felt an intence need to just lie downand go to sleep.. right there in the parking lot.  Went right home and slept for a few hours... NOW I have never been a person that needed a lot of sleep and almost never took naps.  My skin flet strange and my hair was falling out in clumps. 

I have a few problems witht he Iron IV's but  now I only need them once every 3 months alsong with B12 shots.   My MD is trying to keep my feritin above 100,  and so far so good.

RIB PAIN !!!! YES !!!!!!!!! I was told that ot was most likely due to adhessions, and the MD could do a laprascope surgey to see and treat, BUT that may cause MORE adhessions so now I just live with them.  Sometime just lying on my side will cause pain.!   I guess it is a smal price for the gains of WLS.

As for there being a cure.... Well when I tore my shoulde tendons, the PT I had included a massage therapist (the PT kind not pleasure) and she was able to help with some of the really deep massages targetted on the sore sports.  YES it hurt but truly did help in th elone run.

As for the weight gain, use a program and write down EVERYTHING you eat... ( I use www.fitday.com) ( I also heard www.sparkspeople.com was also good.)  I also weigh out my portions every few weeks or so just so they don't inch up to an x-l portions. 

Good luck
Slender_once_again
on 6/5/11 1:15 pm - portsmouth, VA
Topic: RE: Six(6) year anniversary!
6 years for me too! began at 205, went down to 122. and a size 8.... Many health issues and MEDs and weight gain.... back up to 189 this past Oct. So very depressed.    Size 14's were very tight and cutting into my waist.   No way was I going to let this get the best of me.    Began using www.Fitday.com, and really watching what I ate.  Also began increasing the walking and have finally begun to see my feet again.   Today I wore a size 12 pants to church and I thought they were going to fall off me! :)  Still not a size 10 and only a few size 12'a truly fit. but I am now back down to 150!  Weight and weight gain from meds has and always will be an issue for me. So I must always be vigilant and keep a close watch on what goes into my mouth.   Carbs are also my frienamee....

o Still have problems getting protiens, they still can make me sick.  
o still have some issues with vomiting and sometimes only after a few bites. ( last night Tuna sand yuck!)

o I still stick with the no food and drink,
o still do not drink soda
o No Ice cream at all.
o and pizza is a treat of one slice per month.

???? Does anyone have a racing heart beat when they get "stuffed" ?   Last light my pluse was way over 120 for 45 mins.. then I vomited and I felt fine..... 

I am desperately trying to get back to 130 at least.  I'll be 60 soon and we are having a BIG party...   It will also be an engagement party for my daughter and her dad ( my ex)  will be there with his wife ( yes the one that caused us to break up!)   He once told me that if I ever got over 180 he would divorce me..!   ( we divorced when I was still under 160) The new Mrs. ( and the ex) both now are very overweight ( Yes Obese even) and this will be the first time he has seen me in a few years.!  

It will be a fun party and I do plan of having some Cake!

So Congratulations to us ALL! 
We did it and when we use the right tools we can keep it off.

Debra F.
on 3/9/11 3:19 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Considering a revision ... I have failed my tool..
Hello sorry to hear this about gaining.... i had a revision back in 2004 and got to my lowest of 118 and have gone through a divorce of 25 yr marriage, lost my job, etc and right now I am at 147 i joined weigh****chers this week to really watch what i am eating and belive me tracking the meals i see where i have been able to put the weight back on its easy to grab something crunchy crackers etc or the chocolate the bite size (they add up) so this is my first week doing this and because the pouch still works i am satisfied with the meals and the fruits and vegies are free points so i can eat alot of those... up the protein which we are suppose to be doing anyway..... i know i have lost cause my clothes are fitting already... next week i will add in the exercise... which i hate doing but i know it helps so much....

good luck and try tracking your food...if the pouch is still good then it just needs a jump start.... this is a life journey... we didnt do this to our body to fail.... or go back to where we were....
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
1st Surgery/Revision/Today
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Co- Founder www.rydobesity.com
LuminousSierra
on 1/20/11 9:24 am
PattyMM
on 9/23/10 8:41 am - FL
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I haven't been very good about checking the board. 23 pounds after 6 yrs. is not bad. I think walking & just plain moving is the key. Yeah, carbs are definitely bad. Our surgery date is the same, that's awesome. I'm sure you still look great. Do you have support? I miss our support group. Haven't had one in about 3-4 years. Any time you want to chat it might be better @ [email protected]. Good luck!  
lisaf324
on 8/15/10 7:27 am - Pittsfield, MA
Topic: RE: Unexplained weight gain
My story is like yours got down to150 but this year it has creeped up to 165 no matter what I do I can't seem to lose a pound ugh!!!!!
digitalcat
on 8/5/10 12:18 am - goldsboro, NC
Hello I am on the sixth year too, however carbs are defenitly not my friend and need to buckle up I have gained 23 pounds and feel yucky I need to do something not sure what yet,,,,,,, I never want to look like my before picture ever again.......... any suggestions, That is great staying in the 5 pound range you should be very proud of yourself.
digitalcat
on 8/5/10 12:14 am - goldsboro, NC
Topic: RE: 5 YEAR RUN
Hey how are you doing these days yesterday was my sixth year out........ how is the weight? and how are you feeling?
PattyMM
on 8/3/10 10:44 pm - FL
Topic: Six(6) year anniversary!
I wll never forget that day 6 years ago. It has been quite a journey & still is. I try hard not to take this gift for granted. My tool is still working, however, carbs are still not my friend. I am maintaining & staying within my 5 pound range. Congratulations to everyone who has made the life changing  decision to have weight loss surgery. I wish I could find a support group in my area . I miss talking  others who can relate.  
NL
on 5/18/10 8:43 am - IL
Topic: RE: Unexplained weight gain
I am gaining all of a sudden too. I exercise every single day. Walk for a full hour and walk fast.  I got down to 152 at my lowest and now I am up to 167. And the scale just keeps crawling upwards. I am not eating any differently than before. I think our bodies are used to everything and as we age our mentabolism starts to shut down.  I am 6 years post op. I am sooo depressed. I don't want to gain another ounce. I think I am going to really cut out all carbohydrates and see what happens. Just eat protein, fruit and veggies and no lunch meats either like turkey breast. It will be so strict that I have to get these pounds off. As soon as school ends and I have the summer off I am going to just cook chicken on the grill and eat that for lunches too. It better work.
Most Active