Recent Posts

Dawn B.
on 8/2/08 2:35 am - Anderson, CA
Topic: Happy Annivesary!
Well, don't know if there's much point of posting since it's a rare occurance when someone posts, but what the hey. Happy Anniversay everyone. My dad asked me a week ago if I would do the surgery today if I knew the qwirks I would develop and I said YES!!. I hope all of you would agree and are doing well!! Dawn
Dawn B.
on 8/2/08 2:34 am - Anderson, CA
Topic: RE: Hi Everybody!
Hi Eileen, You've been a busy girl with all the surgeries. Really glad the thyroid nodule was benign. Happy Anniversay month!! Dawn
mccalles
on 7/15/08 11:43 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Topic: Hi Everybody!
It has been so long since anyone has posted here! I really hope everyone is doing well. I seem to spend my time now over on the Plastics board. But I have fond memories of each one of you! I have had 2 rounds of plastics so far. Had my arms done and then got the girls fixed up.... lifted and then implanted. Also had to have a revision of the lift - darn skin. But that all went very well. Went in to my PCM for a refill on some of my regular meds (allergies), and asked him about what I thought was just a little goiter in my neck. Found out after an ultrasound and a biopsy, that I had a large thyroid nodule (think about the size of a golf ball or a small egg). Went in Thursday 7-10 and had the right side of my thyroid removed. Totally benign, but it is additional surgery and has left a nice sized scar on my neck. I am doing well though. Recovering quickly. My 3 PS experiences got me moving in the proper direction post neck surgery -- walking around the hospital just hours after surgery, heading right into the bathroom and drinking like mad as soon as possible. The nurses on the unit couldn't believe how quickly I got moving. But PS taught me that is the best way. Also, the meds they gave me were no where near as good as the PS drugs. But I also knew to take enough to keep the pain down, but not to over medicate. Did great there too. Well, I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer. Take care and thanks for all the support you have provided over the years since my life got turned around! Eileen
nybabe
on 7/15/08 7:23 am - Babylon, NY
Topic: RE: Hi everyone
HEY!! Aren't you the Joyce I love and know on Facebook? LOL!! I am soooooo sorry to hear about all of this.. but Joyce you ultimately took care of yourself and nutured your body and mind with love and it took you to the place you are now- smarter - stronger- healthier.. so don't ever apologize to anyone for where you are in life- its where you are supposed to be..and good for you..you can handle everything ..it is quite a large plate you have there..but be glad we don't eat everything on our plates NOW!! big hugs, Donna
nybabe
on 7/15/08 7:23 am - Babylon, NY
HEY!! Aren't you the Joyce I love and know on Facebook? LOL!! I am soooooo sorry to hear about all of this.. but Joyce you ultimately took care of yourself and nutured your body and mind with love and it took you to the place you are now- smarter - stronger- healthier.. so don't ever apologize to anyone for where you are in life- its where you are supposed to be..and good for you..you can handle everything ..it is quite a large plate you have there..but be glad we don't eat everything on our plates NOW!! big hugs, Donna
nybabe
on 7/15/08 7:22 am - Babylon, NY
Dawn B.
on 5/12/08 2:52 pm - Anderson, CA
Topic: RE: Just checkin in .......
Hi Step, Glad the ol' medical profession is coming through for you. Hang in there - you've reached your low and as long as you don't stop the meds when you feel all normal you'll only go up from here! Dawn
Hawkeye Pierce
on 4/21/08 7:11 am - 1 Horse town in, TX
Topic: Just checkin in .......
They are doing a great job gettin my bipolar under control , now that they know what it is. Still have my moments, episodes as they call it, it sucks! Good part about it. I dont have the kind where I'm depressed half the time. Either I'm way up or levelled out. Like I said jus checkin in.......
Dawn B.
on 4/20/08 1:37 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi Joyce, Wow - what a year! And think, before the surgery I bet this past year would have been capped off by a 20lb weight gain so you can definitely celebrate being down 120lbs!! I hope the 30th brings closure on this chapter of your life. Dawn
Joyce J.
on 4/11/08 1:34 am - Scarborough, Canada
Topic: Hi everyone
Hi all, I have not been on here in ages, but thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing. I am well, down 120 pounds. I would still like to lose another 60 or 70 pounds. I am getting back into exercising, was out of that for awhile I have had a horrible year(or 15 months lol). I left my husband, he was then harrassing me and he spent some time in jail. Now he is suing me for support, so there are legal fees and meetings with my lawyer, just lots and lots of fun NOT. Then while waiting for a court date, I think things are going well, and my Mom passed away Feb 4/07............then my Dad went into the hospital Feb 19 to have his hip replaced, so I stayed with him for 6 weeks to help out. Court was set for Mar 26 to have a case conference but there was a shortage of judges so it was postponed to Apr 30. The good news, while helping my Dad I lost 10 pounds lol, running around for him, shovelling snow, walking the dog etc LOL But all in all life is good, I am so happy to have had this surgery, and feel awesome, I will try and come in here more regularily. Hope everyone is well Take care Joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics