Recent Posts

Kimberly T.
on 1/29/09 11:03 pm - Uniontown , OH
Topic: Failing WLS and need help
Good Morning.

Oh my, I have not been active in here for a very long time. Ok let me get to the point. I had RNY Gastric August 29, 2005. So I am about 6 months short of 4 years. And I am gaining. I can't seem to stop it. I made it down to 178 lbs. And I now am at 204. My appetite is back full force.
I seemed to have failed at this because I lost my insurance only 3 short months after having this surgery and to this day have not been able to get insurance back.
Therefore, I have never been able to follow-up with a surgeon, or a nutritionist.

Can anyone who is around the same time out as me help me? I am looking for what I should be eating not what I CAN eat. Because at this point I can eat anything. I need to stop now before I end up back the way I was.

I am looking where I could find a sample menu for someone almost 4 years out. Something I can follow and get back on track.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kimberly
Dawn B.
on 1/8/09 2:12 pm - Anderson, CA
Topic: RE: 3yrs Post Op Loss of Appetite
Did you every get over it? I know I go in cycles where I seem to be able to eat as much as everyone else at a meal and other times where a fried egg fills me up. If you're not losing weight I wouldn't be too worried and just be sure you take your vitamins and see your doctor for annual blood work. Hope you're doing well.

Dawn   5'7" 258/142
'What's important is not necessarily where you are, but in what direction you are going.' Oliver Wendel Holmes

Dawn B.
on 1/8/09 2:10 pm - Anderson, CA
You may have an ulcer as well. We're prone to them post-op. I know my gallbladder attacks were in the middle of the night on an empty stomach. When it hurt after eating it was usually because I went too long between meals. You shouldn't be feeling bad for a couple of hours after every meal, unless of course it's high in carbs &/or sugar, in which case it's probably dumping. Good luck.

Dawn   5'7" 258/142
'What's important is not necessarily where you are, but in what direction you are going.' Oliver Wendel Holmes

rollins21
on 12/31/08 9:08 am - cincinnati, OH
You may want to have your gull bladder checked. I had similar symptoms, and mine had to be removed.
BobbiP
on 10/22/08 9:55 am
I am having the same problem.  I had my surgery on Aug 27th 2005 and lost 100 lbs.  I am not as careful as I should be about what I eat but it really doesn't matter.  Everything makes me feel awful.  I don't know what to do.  I take a few bites and then I get a burning, bloated feeling that lasts for a few hours. 
Deborah A.
on 9/1/08 6:27 am - Hanford, CA
Topic: 3yrs Post Op Loss of Appetite
Hello All,

I am 3 years Post-Op from RNY and I was just wondering if any of you out there have experienced a loss of appetite or an inability to complete a full meal.  I just don't seem to feel hungry any more.  I just make myself eat because I know that missing meals is a no no.  Also although I eat small amounts at meal time ( Protein 1st, Veg. or Fruits 2nd, Carbs if any 3rd) I can't seem to get through the whole meal.  By the time I have eaten half of it I feel full and have to quit.  Although this may seem like a Godsend to some I am concerned because I am afraid I am now eating too little for the amount of nutrients I need for the day.  I take vitamins, calcium etc.  Is this normal?  Does it go away after a whileor should I even be concerned?  Thanks for the advice.

Richard L.
on 8/29/08 3:01 am, edited 8/29/08 3:02 am - Albuquerque, NM
Topic: Val *Ladybug*s services

Valerie was an awesome person, she chewed my butt on several occasions when I told her I was not taking my vitamins or excercising like I should.  She was the best mentor one could have in her corner.  She didn't sugar coat anything.  She also was a great support group leader of the Albuquerque New Body Beginnings WLS support group.  Val, rest in peace you will always be alive in our Hearts. 

I found out the following information on Services being held for Val:

Where: VA Hospital Chapel 2nd Floor, 1501 San Pedro
              SE, 2nd Floor, Albuquerque NM.
When:   Wednesday 3 September
Time:     12:15 PM

Any Questions Please call the Veterans Hospital at 505.265.1711 Ext 2735
I hope this helps.

Please email me if you have questions: [email protected]

*Ladybug *'s Profile

Please go to her page and leave any positive comments 

Pammi G
on 8/23/08 4:52 am - Dallas, TX
Topic: RE: Happy Annivesary!
Happy  re-birthday Everyone in August 2005.  I cannot believe 3 years has past.  Dawn is so right no one really post very much but I do come back every now and then to see how  my  sisters in WLS are doing.

Bless us all.   Yes,  I would do it over again.  My life has changed so much for the better.  Not  (and I say this all this time in my posts)  that I was SO unhappy before,  but now I really see how much my weight kept me from doing things and enjoying life.

I will ALWAYS have the "big girl"  mentality.  After 40 years that is hard to change but I would so do it again.  WLS change my life for the better. 

The only thing I miss is my boobs.  My DH keeps claiming  he is going to buy me some.  I guess at 45 now I will be the perkiest  pair in the nursing home.

"I am not afraid of the storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."  Louisa May Alcott.

That is me  EVERYDAY.

Take care,

Pam
In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.....Charlie Brown.

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 11:02 am - Western New York, NY
I thnk you are right about just "living" now at 3 years out.  I realized I haven't logged in since last December!!   I just had my 3 year post-op appointment at the surgeon's office and everything went very well.  I'm maintaining a 101 lb weight loss, I seem to fluctuate within 5 pounds but what woman doesnt?  I'm the same exact weight I was a year ago, so I think that's a good thing...although I was hoping to have lost a little more. 

My only problem seems to be that I've become anemic.  My iron levels have been consistently low since my surgery.  I'm taking an iron supplement now  with Vitamin C in addition to my regular vitamins.  I'm thinking ahead to the next couple years and having children with my husband and I don't want my low iron levels to cause any problems or complications.

I can eat pretty much anything I want, just not in the same quantities obviously.  Ice cream and very sugary sweets still give me problems, but it keeps me on track. 

Happy surgiversary everyone :)
Melannie W.
on 8/8/08 9:12 am - Florence, KY
Hi Dawn, My 3rd re-birthday is Sunday August 10. I would do this again in a second.....no regrets whatsoever. I think fewer people post and respond because we finally get to see what "living" is actually like!! I am still amazed everyday when I find something new I can do......life is so awesome. Happy Anniversary to you.....glad to hear things are still going well. Big hugs to a surgery sister! Melannie
Most Active
Recent Topics