Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/10 3:45 am
gmom7
on 2/20/10 9:47 pm - Washington Court House, OH
Topic: RE: IVC THERAPY
I know this is a little late!!  But I just foundt his site again.  I still have extreme neuropathy and my life has been hell.  Can you help me out?
thinkcheery816
on 9/25/09 1:09 am - Cocoa, FL
Topic: RE: 4 yrs gaining wgt (Redding need a pen pal BAD)
I have been very frustrated of late as well.  I have gained approximately 30 pounds since surgery back in 8/05.  I have to take a medication to help with heart palpitations and ever since we changed it, I began gaining weight.  I am also pre-menopause and know that has some baring as well.  I am back on OH to look for help in this area too.  My email is [email protected] and I would love to hear from you.
cush
on 9/9/09 11:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: Happy Belated Anniversary to All August 2005 Buddies
Happy Belated Anniversary Ladies!  it's been 4 year now and I'm glad to say I'm still under 200 pounds.  As of today I weigh 175.  I work out at La' fitness 3 times a week.  And i try to eat rite most days.  I still like to have alittle wine on the weekend.  But i work it off at the gym when the work week begins. Hope all of you are doing great.   Sorry its been so long since I've visit, but  i don't get on the computer much anymore.  Ya'll take care and  stay health.  Carolyn (cush)
missvic
on 7/18/09 8:30 am - redding, ca
Topic: 4 yrs gaining wgt (Redding need a pen pal BAD)

Hello I am in Redding california had my surgery 8-05 gaining wgt back, feeling depressed again, lazy, nothing to do . Is there anyone OUT there who is also gaining wgt back I could really use a pen pal so I could talk to someone I am a lil lost on these support groups online. Since the support groups stopped here in Redding I feel lost.. Please contact me at [email protected] I could really use a pal......

kah3249
on 6/22/09 7:15 am - St. Peters, MO
Topic: RE: I eat everything also? nothing really makes me sick except milk and icecream?
I have the same problem that I can eat and drink anything.  I also have a Vitamin D problem.  Does anyone know what causes this?  I take all of my vitamins faithfully since I have had my surgery almost 4 years ago.  My doctor has me on 50,000 units once a week right now.
nancyshan
on 4/29/09 4:38 am
Topic: RE: Diet Pills
i did try diet pills recently, just for 2 days and i dropped about 5 pounds after about 2 weeks it came back on. I did feel real high real fast from the pills, all in all not really worth it. I am up about 10 pounds in last year. good luck
Soon to be Thin
on 3/23/09 9:46 am - Newnan, GA
Topic: Diet Pills
Ok - I know that they didn't work before . . . I need to drop about 15 pounds and am having the devil of a time doing so.  I know I can drop about 15 with diet pills but ARE THEY SAFE?????  Will they harm my pouch? 
Dawn B.
on 2/16/09 4:53 am, edited 2/16/09 4:54 am - Anderson, CA
Topic: RE: Failing WLS and need help
Hi Kimberly,

Well, on a postive note - you're aware and want to do something about it. I had surgery on 8/1/05 and my lowest was 132 (goal was 135) and I now sit between 140 & 145. My body didn't like the 130's and seems more stable here. I did get up to 150 and it freaked my out (I know - not much compared to you, but it sure as heck didn't make me happy) and it took quite a while to get back to the low 140s.

Following a set menu won't work - if it did you wouldn't have needed surgery right? Saying that, those that are doing the 5-Day pouch seem to find it VERY useful to get their mindset back on track so I hope you joined the other person doing it.

I will tell you what my surgeon's post-op plan is: 75% lean protein, 25% everything else. 3 meals a day and only water to drink (64 oz a day min). No snacking and his definition of a snack is anything that has flavor, whi*****ludes gum. Remember to not drink at least a 1/2 hour before eating a full hour after eating so that you don't create a soup that will just flow out of your stomach. If you really want to reset - cut out all starch carbs until you're back with about 10 lbs of your goal. That means no breads, pastas, potatoes, etc. You basically want to go back to your first few months post-op.  OH! go to the library and check out an Atkin's cookbook.

Don't forget the exercise piece as well. Try to at least walk 30 minutes 4-7 times a week.

Contact your program/doctor/hospital to see if there's a support group available. They're free (at least I've never heard of one that cost anything) and may help you with further ideas.

Good luck...

Dawn   5'7" 258/142
'What's important is not necessarily where you are, but in what direction you are going.' Oliver Wendel Holmes

Parciful
on 1/31/09 9:48 am - Southaven, MS
Topic: RE: Failing WLS and need help
I feel your frustration! I will be 4 years out on Aug 8th. I made it down to 182 and now am back up to 217! I did get up to 230 but have lost 13 thus far. AND IT ISN'T EASY THIS TIME. I wish I could help you but am in the same boat. So if there is anyone that does have a sample menu I would love to have it too! I am starting the 5 day pouch test Monday. I have a few others that are joining in with me on Sparkpeople.com. If you are interested in trying this with us we are trying to support each other. I can be reached at [email protected]
I know how you are feeling. Is so very frustrating and scarey to think I am heading back towards what I fought so hard to get away from. We have to remember that this surgery was a tool not a quick fix. I got away from that. Now trying very very hard to get back on track. contact me if you are interested in a buddy type system.
Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics