Recent Posts

Dot T.
on 7/6/12 10:44 pm - Bartlesville, OK
Topic: RE: Been gone a long time
 Yes, this far out the only thing we can do is get back to the rules (PROTEIN & little to no carbs!) be sure to stay hydrated, and exercise!

I recently started an app on my phone called couch to 5k and signed up for a 5k in August.  I'm actually having fun learning to run!

Good luck!
RaeRae1
on 7/4/12 1:46 pm - Waterbury, CT
Topic: Been gone a long time
Where do I even start?

Had Gastric Bypass on August 11, 2008..Lost over 90 pounds...

Had my baby March 28, 2012...EXTREMELY HAPPY..however...

I'M FAT AGAIN!!  Not doing what I'm suppose to do AT ALL.  So...

I'm back here for inspiration, encouragement, and a BUTT whooping!!

I know what I need to do...It's time for me to do it....

For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

Dot T.
on 7/17/11 10:25 am - Bartlesville, OK
Topic: Ghost Town
Wow, this board is a ghost town!!

I haven't been on OH in  quite awhile, but I never did really reach my goal (unless maybe for a day) and now I've gained back about 20 lbs.  I came back to OH to try to get some inspiration to get back on track and hopefully lose these last 20 lbs and maybe even a little more to get me to the goal I sat for myself originally.

I've been bad about keeping follow-up appointments, attending support groups, and worst of all bad about taking my vitamins.  I just bought $150 worth of vitamins and plan to attend a support group and see my surgeon within the next couple months.

Wish me luck!

Dot
HW - 230-ish
LW - 140
CW - 160-ish
Margo E.
on 7/2/10 2:20 pm
Topic: RE: after almost 2 years finally starting to lose
I also had surgery Aug.5,2008 and have had a slow loss. I'm not into exercise and I know that would help but My Band is tight and sometimes if I eat to fast I do have the spits.I have loss 80lbs. and not sure the inches but have people comment everyday. Feels awsome!!! I  do need to get going again and its hard for me to even get the water drank . THANKFUL!!!!!!!
MoniqueW
on 6/20/10 10:29 am
Topic: RE: after almost 2 years finally starting to lose
Well I'm fairly slow. I'm working out, eating very well except for the occaisional treat.. todate I'm 217lbs... I'm not restricted, at least not with the band, I pretty much plan my meals and eat portioned size. I haven't been in for an adjustment since Oct. 09. I plan to schedule one soon.

Highest Weight = 279lbs.
VSG Surgery Weight = 253 lbs.

Goal Weight = 175 lbs. (5'5)

Current:194

goodmorning2008
on 5/28/10 1:41 am
Topic: after almost 2 years finally starting to lose
Well I had my lapband on 8/20/08.  Ive lost 58 pounds to date.  SOOO SLOOWW, but its finally starting to kick in for me and Im really happy.  My last fill was a month ago and its still tighter than a rats a--. So glad and people are starting to notice a change for the good. Has anyone else been as slow as me?? I see some real success stories here that are very encouraging.  

John W.
on 1/1/10 8:45 am - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: Join us in 2010

Hi August 08 surgery folks,

I'm inviting you to a little group to help those (yes, including myself) who have gained 10 or more pounds beyond that lowest weight. We are calling it the "Drop 10 for 10 Challenge". You can easily join this group by going to www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410. I'm hoping that with your help we can generate a little excitement and enthusiasm for getting back on track. We will have a monthly weighin, but it will only be pounds off since the start of the new 2010 decade. Your participation is only what you want to make it. I'm pumped up and ready to get back on track for 2010.

There are no hard and fast rules for joining, but you really should be at least 10 pounds above your lowest post-surgery weight and interested in getting things back in line.

Let's get this new decade off to a great start.

John Wurm

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

reneeskids
on 9/16/09 2:44 am - miamisburg, OH
Topic: 13 months post op sleeve
Very frustrated with hunger right now. I can eat alot..gained 3 pounds in a week Is this normal to go through a period like this or should I seek advice from surgeon. I know that with RNY you should still be full at a year out but does anyone with the sleeve have any advice

TrishMcM
on 8/29/09 12:30 am - UK
Topic: RE: How are all the August folks doing
hiya-
rny surgery 27th August 2008 - lost 118 lbs to date my bmi is currently 26.2.  My recovery has been very straightforward, no setbacks, or complications, so far... 1st year blood work ok, and life is great.  I can tolerate all food stuffs, in small portions.  Really enjoying life - wearing a uk size 14, for me that was the realisation of a long held dream.  Started off at 281 lbs.  Glad to hear other August surgery mates are doing well!  Congrats to everyone
Darrell H.
on 8/17/09 12:07 pm - Sinton, TX
Topic: Almost 1 year and WLS as well as a lifestyle change has saved my life!!!
This tool has been awesome for me. I have 4 days till my 1 year surgiversary and I have lost 261 pounds, have competed in 3 triathlons and am currently training for the Rock and Roll San Antonio 1/2 Marathon in November and the Chevron Houston Full Marathon in january. Please visit my web page www.tridaringgreatly.com for my story and click on my blog on the web to see what I am up to and my thoughts on certain days. Feel free to leave comments. Dont Forget, DARE GREATLY!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1103 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 844 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views