OKAY MY SEPTEMBER BABIES...WE ARE 10 MONTHS OUT!

Ms. Toya
on 7/8/08 11:58 pm - It's My Time, IL
So what going on? Where are you? How much have you lost? Any problems? Any concerns? Had any WOW moments that you are just beaming about? LET US KNOW and KEEP US ALL ENCOURAGED! POST SOME BEFORE AND AFTER PICS! LETS LIVIN' UP THE BOARD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! I've come to terms with my weight loss. No longer scared to by smaller sizes. I've come from a 32W (barely fitting) to a 16 in clothes. I WAS 355...now I beleive im about 197..havent been on a scale in a little while...as I don't own a scale (ON PURPOSE!! It'll drive me bananas)! My skin is ULTRA clear from not drinking sodas as often as I did pre-op..matter of fact..I drink a diet soda maybe once a month to curb my craving. My food intake is so so. I can clearly eat more then I could fresh out of surgery, but that's to be expected. I still don't ****ume bread...OR pure sugar (anything over 8grams is a no no for me, because I will dump something horrible). I am greatful for the dumping, because it keeps me on track! The negative that I have experienced is that I am now anemic, which I also found out is normal for WLS patients...but boy am I ALWAYS freezing, even in the dead of summer. Other then that, I am sure enjoying the new bod ;) If they don't appear in my tag, you can check out my before and afters on my profile! I am wishing you all continued success! NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ALL ARE DOING...GOOD BAD AND THE UGLY!!!!
evhmt
on 7/9/08 1:31 am - Portland, OR
I too am feeling great! The scale has quit moving but I have lost 139 pounds and have gone from 276 to 138 and now wear size 6/8. I'm sitting here at work in a little summer dress. Every time I put on a dress, it's a wonderful little wow moment. I never wore dresses when my tummy stuck out so far. I'll be heading to a wedding in California this weekend and look forward to seeing quite a few people who haven't seen me in a while. It should be some nice positive attention. I follow the rules pretty tightly with the occasional allowance for lf/sf ice cream or lf/sf cookie. I work out 5 days a week and still have to make myself stay committed to this. I get a little obsessive with calorie tracking and worrying about carbs sometimes. This site sometimes makes me a little crazy with all the talk about how many carbs to eat and how many calories people can consume. I can definitely eat more in one sitting (especially if it is soft food like cottage cheese or yogurt). It feels like a large amount of food but I know it is much less than before surgery. It's just alot compared to the couple of ounces I could eat in the first few months. Overall, I am so happy I did this and only regret I didn't do it sooner. I added a couple of pictures from last month. Feel free to take a look.
Ms. Toya
on 7/9/08 1:44 am - It's My Time, IL
Your doing wonderful and looking even better! Isn't amazing how you NOW look forward to seeing others as oppsed to running and hiding from them because of your weight??
mywlsjourney
on 7/11/08 8:47 am
Ms. Toya
on 7/11/08 11:16 am - It's My Time, IL
Congrats to you and MUCH respect for sticking to you diet so strictly! Its reaaly paying off because ur looking marvelous darling ;)
kmvanvliet
on 7/11/08 10:35 pm - Manchester, NH
I am down 115 pounds No longer have high blood pressure No longer pre-diabetic No more backaches No more sore knees No more plantar fasciatis (foot pain) No more GERD No more sleep apnea No more plus sizes (from 20/22 to 6/8) I feel great! I exercise regularly -- mostly walking and strength training. I will be purchasing a medicine ball this week to try some new stuff. I write all my food in Fitday and I attend monthly post-op suport meetings. I just saw some of the docs on my team this past week. They are all very pleased with my progress (as am I). They said if I could lose another 12 pounds, that would be great, but I don't have to. I'm fine right where I am. "I'm fine right where I am ???" I have never heard nor been able to say that in my entire life. That was the biggest WOW moment I could possibly have!
Ms. Toya
on 7/12/08 1:03 am - It's My Time, IL
Wowwwwwwwwwww! A 6/8??!? You've worked you tool to death! I love it! You ought to be very proud!
jcpozanc
on 7/14/08 5:25 am - West Saint Paul, MN
Hi, I have been very happy with my weight loss. I lost 122 pounds (from 298 to 176) and am in a size ten. I am six feet tall, so I probably will not lose much more weight. My goal is ten more pounds. Exercise has been the most surprising thing for me. I work out just about everyday and in May I ran my first 5K. I am fighting a few injuries, but, for the most part love my new active lifestyle. I start each day with a bike ride and cannot wait to hit the gym after work. Who knew? ;)) I am starting to wonder though about eating too much. I continue to lose weight and the workouts burn a ton of calories, so I am not too worried. How much is too much eating? Does anybody else worry about eating too much?
Ms. Toya
on 7/14/08 6:17 am - It's My Time, IL
First, congrats! 122 is nothing to sneeze at! Yes I worrk about eating more. I can eat way more, but you have to realize that it was bound to happen. You aren't always going to be as restricted as you once were, per my surgeon. Just continue to eat the right things and realize that what you think is "eating to much" now is not nearly what you were eating pre op...and if you're still loosing I wouldn't worry to much about it.
wyldwoman
on 7/14/08 11:47 am - Waltham, MA
I hit goal this week. I've lost 148 pounds, and now weigh 175 pounds, which is fine at my 6 foot height. I'm a size 10/12. I generally don't go much smaller than that at my height. I'm still losing at this point, and expect that I'll level off in the next 10 or 15 pounds. I'm really enjoying having a flexible body again, but I'm really not enjoying having a bony ass! I wasn't expecting that to be the first part of me to get bony, LOL! I am so loving life right now. And I'm so thrilled to see how well everyone has done! Wow! Tracey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Over 4 years out!
mom23reds · 0 replies · 1174 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 814 views
Being way to hard on myself???
swtmelissa · 2 replies · 846 views