September 17th!!!!!

BillieBadass
on 8/16/12 12:54 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 Hey, everyone!  So, it's official.  I just got off the phone with my surgeon's office, and my surgery has been scheduled for September 17th.  That's in a month!!!  I can't believe it.  

Is anyone else freaking the freak out right now?!?  
mzbrowneyez80
on 8/16/12 3:38 pm - Hampton, VA
VSG on 09/17/12
Congratulations!!

I was told today that my surgery date is September 17th also, so Yes, I'm freaking out now!! Extremely happy!!!
~MzBrownEyez
"My life and health are worth fighting for!"    
BillieBadass
on 8/17/12 12:24 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 Woohoo!  Happy to have a surgery date buddy!  Congrats!!!
Lauren Vento
on 8/17/12 10:41 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12
 I am too!!  I cried all night, but this morning I woke up feeling like I CAN DO THIS!
BillieBadass
on 8/17/12 12:25 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 I've done the crying bit off and on.  It's crazy how emotional I am already!  

Yes you can!!  We all can!!!  
Chrissylyne64
on 8/17/12 4:08 pm - painesville, OH
RNY on 09/04/12
I'm also freaking out...extemely excited and also nervous..but thats to be expected...wishing you all the best of journeys

Surgery:September 4th 2012

lelagoddess
on 8/18/12 1:53 pm
It's good to hear everyone else is freaking out and it's not just me!  I'm going crazy waiting for the last insurance hurdle then I will proceed with my surgery on September 5.  I need to start the two week diet, but the office isn't sure if I should without the final OK from insurance....it goes on and on.

I'm happy, I'm stressed, I'm scared, I'm overbuying for post op, and a million other emotions.

Think of where we will all be in 6 weeks!!!!

BillieBadass
on 8/18/12 6:33 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 I feel the same way, lelagoddess!!!  I thought I was all alone on the Freak Out Express, so I'm so glad to have found other people on here in the same boat...or ummm...train?  IDK. ;)

If I were you, I'd just jump into the pre-op diet.  What's the worse that can happen? You get a head start on losing?  Although, as soon as I typed that I started counting how many days I have left of eating solid food (not to mention having a "food funeral" or two...bad I know, but I just had to say goodbye to brownie sundaes!) and yeah, I don't blame you for wanting to wait until you absolutely HAVE to do it! 

I'm supposed to start mine on Sept. 3rd, but I am planning to start replacing a meal or two with protein shakes/bars this Monday.  I figure, it is a nice, gradual way to lead up to the big pre-op diet, and I get to figure out which protein shakes I like the most.  And hopefully I will drop some extra weight before surgery time!

Oh, and I'm totally overbuying for post-op too!!!  I can't stop looking at blogs and reviews then trying to find the best deals online.  It's a new addiction!  

Life will be TOTALLY different for all of us in 6 weeks! So crazy to think about it like that!!!
BillieBadass
on 8/18/12 6:19 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 Thanks, Chrissylyne!  Right back at ya!  

(And hello fellow Ohioan!)
Sheryl G.
on 8/18/12 6:00 pm - IL
VSG on 09/17/12
I'm September 17th as well! I need to have my preop surgeon appointment, preop NUT appointment, and then the hospital preop testing ... and oh yeah, also will begin the preop diet Labor Day weekend. It's finally feeling REAL to me! Glad to know some others who have dates close! Best to all of us!

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 738 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 806 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 708 views