RNY done on September 4th

Chrissylyne64
on 9/8/12 5:40 am - painesville, OH
RNY on 09/04/12
My surgery went good...I had a drain in my left side ...that was just a little sore...but the nurses take good care of you..speak up if you are in pain,,I had alot of gas..and still do..I have been walking and also while sitting doing a little rocking back and forth to move the gas out.....I'm crushing my pills now and mix with water...later I believe I won't need half these pills or need to crush the ones I do....I gained 12 lbs...air and water...they keep your IV going....That also will work its way off this weekend...The swallow test the day after surgery was ok..bitter tasting contrast so they can check for leaks..but after that comes back with no leaks you get real fluids!!..hahaha...I can't believe how fast my stomach gets full just with water...They gave me meds thru my IV for upset stomach..it took it away immediatley...I had no problems doing my first protein drink...I'm so happy for all of you up and coming surergies...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I'm the biggest whimp and I did it..hahaha....I am so tired but I will be back later or tomorrow and read some more fourums :) ...HUGS to you all

ToulaMarie
on 9/8/12 7:16 pm - GA
RNY on 09/26/12

This is good news and thank for sharing.  I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

dinas27
on 9/8/12 7:59 pm - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
Congrats!  Its so good to hear when things go so well.  Sometimes I'm scared to come on here and read all of the problems.  I'm so happy for you.  Keep doing so well.  I'm on my liquid diet right now and will have the surgery on Monday.  Cant wait til I can post a post like you!

Thank you!!

Barbara Keller
on 9/9/12 4:07 pm - Gaffney, SC
Revision on 09/10/12
 Congrats on your surgery.  I am sure you will be a success.   Just follow the instructions the MD gave you and don't give up.   I am scheduled for my revision to my RNY tomorrow...TOMORROW...THAT IS HARD TO BELIEVE. 
Keep us posted on your success!
 Barbara Keller
Chrissylyne64
on 9/9/12 5:08 pm - painesville, OH
RNY on 09/04/12
Awww thank you..and wow surgery tomorrow..you won't be sleeping much tonight..lol...Good luck..be thinking of you

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sept 2012 Sleevers check in
lisa2job · 0 replies · 725 views
6 Months
Diabolique · 3 replies · 791 views
Problems with my incision
jewellee9 · 0 replies · 694 views