Recent Posts

sburch99
on 12/9/04 4:12 am - plainsboro, nj
Topic: RE: WOW moments?
sounds kinda silly but--i can move the steering wheel down a couple inches!!! i actully cried!! my hubby says he can see such a big difference but it took a steering wheel to get me to see.
sherri E.
on 12/9/04 3:44 am - Arlington Heights, IL
Topic: in a funk-please help me
Hi everyone - lately I feel like I've been doing everything wrong. Eating the wrong things and doing the wrong things. I know I'm loosing because i can tell by my clothes. I do not keep a scale in the house, I weigh in every month at the doctors office. Las time I weighed myself was about three weeks ago and it showed 280 down from 335 - that is a loss of 55 pounds at 6 weeks out and I feel good about that. I was never one to exercise but I know if I don't the weight won't come off. Without going to the gym (single mother of 3 and work FT) what are things that I can do to get back in shape and give me more energy and how much and how often. I have just been feeling really ****ty lately and very depressed and I can't seem to get rid of this funk that I'm in. I know I'm not getting enough protein and drinking enough water. Not really sure what I should be eating on a daily basis - supposed to eat three times a day - dr has not really given me help with this. What are good foods that will benefit my body the most and fill me up. I feel like if I don't get a handle on this I won't use this tool and it would have all been for nothing. Please help. Sherri
jrbartlett
on 12/9/04 3:33 am - Arlington, TN
Topic: RE: NEED HELP FIGURING OUT DIET
HI leonard, every doctor is different . I was on pureed foods day three out of the hospital for 6 weeks. the only time I was on liquids was my first day in the hospital. oddly enough the menu for pureed foods from my dietician isnt exactly what I would have considered pureed. its mainly just very soft things. wendy's chili is considered pureed in my menu, so I liv on that mainly for lunch and dinner. I can eat about a half of a small wendy's chili , it tasts good, and has some good protein in it. at 6 weeks I can now eat real food but find myself staying mainly to the ones I know work well. Steak and cheese sandwiches without any bread seem to work well for me as long as the meat is very chopped up. seafood has been out for me as for some reson I have become intolerant to it. hope that will change with time. check with your dietician. joe
jrbartlett
on 12/9/04 3:11 am - Arlington, TN
Topic: RE: MONTHLY ROLL CALL??
just realized today there was a site for the oct surgeries. so count me in. -49.8 lbs
jrbartlett
on 12/9/04 3:07 am - Arlington, TN
was shopping at costco over the holiday and saw a pair of jeans , now bear in mind I have not been able to buy off the rack in 30 years or more. but hey they had a pair of 42's so I said what they hey buy em and maybe soon you can get into them. I was 50 at surgery. tried them on this tuesday and with a bit of struggling got them on, but today they fit very well. thats 8 inchs off since surgery but honestly when I look at myself I just dont see it.
jrbartlett
on 12/9/04 2:41 am - Arlington, TN
Topic: 6 week check up
well I had my 6 week check up yesterday and was down 49.8 pounds. my surgeon has now released me to regular food. sounds great but I am leary of trying much . once I found what worked for me I have just stayed with it. the thought of trying new things only to get sick is not really all that appealing to me. I did break one of my pre surgery goals which was not to buy any clothes until I was further along , but broke down and bought a new pair of jeans "off the rack" at costco thinking they would be too small yet but hoping to get into them soon. got home and put them on with just a wee bit of struggle. that was three days ago now they seem to fit just fine. they were 8 inches smaller than what I was wearing pre surgery. . seems very strange as I just dont see that big of a difference when I look in the mirror. I know I want my stomach to go away but it is always still there staring at me every morning. whatever, I feel very good, no major health trouble from surgery, still struggling to get in my protein and water. but feeling very very good. walking up to 3 miles when weather permits these days without breaking a sweat so probably should up that to 5 or better soon. but I am still lazy on the excercise front so send me some good vibes that I can break through that old habit. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas season. may God bless you all in every way. joe
SherrieD
on 12/9/04 1:06 am - Springfield, MO
Hello to everyone!! I really have had just one moment... It was when my size 24 jeans where in the wash and I had to go out, and I thought I have no pants to ware.. so I went in and got out a pair of 22's thinking this was going to be a big joke and they actually fit, with a little room to spare. Sheryl I must say you are doing great, I was checking out your profile -54 lbs, that is awesome, your date was 1 day before mine!!! Keep up the good work!! Sherrie -37 lbs.
lisalove
on 12/8/04 12:21 pm - Uvalda, GA
Hi The other day my husband and I were going somewhere and I had just put on my makeup and I looked at myself and said man you are are to a beautiful woman. Trust me I have never thought that my whole life. I just looked wonderful that day. That was my "wow" Lisa 382/337
lmwirth
on 12/8/04 11:50 am - Odenton, MD
I was in bio lecture the other day and realized that the desk (you know--those ones that fold down on the right) was actually FLAT instead of perched at an angle on top of my considerable midsection. I had put my coffee on MY desk thing that day instead of having to put it on my husband's!! Woo-HOOOOO!! I actually fit almost reasonably in one of those much-hated lecture desks!!
Sheryl in So Cali
on 12/8/04 11:15 am - San Clemente, CA
Topic: WOW moments?
Hi everyone I know we are early in our journey, but has anyone had "WOW" moments yet and want to share? I was sitting outside the other day and got up to run in an answer the phone when I realized that the green plastic chair wasn't stuck to my butt! I got up and it stayed there. "WOW" Let's hear yours.... Sheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views