Recent Posts

My3 S.
on 12/10/04 12:30 am - Miami, FL
Topic: RE: WOW moments?
Everyday since surgery that I have been able to walk w/out leg pain, has been a WOW moment for me!
paisleygirl
on 12/9/04 5:30 pm - Selma, CA
Topic: RE: WOW moments?
Hello Everyone, Well I have had a couple of WOW moments.. the first one was when I noticed my stomach no longer touches my steering wheel... I started at a size 28 to 30 and tried on 24's and they fit... WOOO HOOO at my 7 week dr. visit.. I am down 7 inches in my abs, 5 inches in hips, 4 inches in thighs and 2 in the neck... WOW... felt so wonderful hearing that... I am looking forward to so many more WOW days... I can hardly stand it... Glad to hear that everyone is doing so great... keep up all the good work everyone... We are all doing GREAT Leslie 326/279/170 -47 lbs
Sheryl in So Cali
on 12/9/04 2:03 pm - San Clemente, CA
Topic: RE: in a funk-please help me
Sherri I am not too adventurous with my food. I have not eaten any red meat unless it is in something. Some of the foods I eat are Breakfast Worldwide Protein Shake (35 g protein) or 1 scrambled egg & 1/4 c sottage cheese 30 minutes later Tea, caffein free with Splenda (16 oz water) Snack 1/2 c mixed fruit salad (fresh) 6 almonds, raw Lunch 1/2 c tuna salad with 8 Wheat Thins or 1/2 c soup or 1/2 c turkey chili with 8 Wheat Thins Snack 1/2 c s/f pudding or 1/2 c fruit or 1 string cheese s/f popsicle Dinner 10 medium garlic shrimp or 2-3 oz fish (talapia, salmon, etc.) I love my George Foreman grill! or 1/4 c masked potatoes and 1/4 c mashed carrots or 4 oz ground beef, extra lean, mashed up and fried with Pam and add Carb Solutions meat sauce. Snack s/f pudding or s/f fudgsicle I have gotten used to eating at least one fish meal a day if not two because fish has the most protein. I try to get in all my water but usually fall short. I try to drink Propel or Crystal Light to help boost my intake. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My food plan was very helpful in the beginning and I have stuck to it religiously except for trying dense red meat products. Three weeks full liquids, 3 weeks puree, then soft food, then real food. I am suppose to try to introduce a new food each day but like you, I am afraid of upsetting my lil pouchie so I stick to boring stuff. It is working so I will stay with it. I have not had any processed sugar products, bread, or pasta. As for exercise, I have a treadmill that I use occasionally and walk a little at work. I am hoping the exercise hormones kick in soon and motivate my sorry butt!!! Good luck in your journey and keep us posted. Sheryl
My3 S.
on 12/9/04 5:50 am - Miami, FL
Well I kinda of know how you feel. This is typically what I eat in a day(lately). In AM cottage cheese 11g Protein/ Snack Protein shakes or Bar 15-20g protein/ Lunch Lean Cuisines Carb control 18-25g protein/ Snack 1/2 a banana w/ a slice of cheese/ dinner ground beef or stewed chicken w/ some veggies/ snack SF pops or jello. I still know I need more protein but it is so difficult (there are only so many hours in the day to get in all the protein and water!). My doctor wasn't much help for the food ideas either that's why I continue to go to my nutritionist for ideas. I also am eating pretty much anything as long as it is moist and low in carbs. Oh and I have 1 8oz glass of 1 % milk at night. The water is the hardest for me I get in about 40-50 oz. a day. I think your weight loss has been spectacular! You should feel VERY PROUD! I don't own a scale either, I rather wait til I go to my monthly check-up! Good Luck!
minime
on 12/9/04 5:42 am - Littleton, NC
Topic: RE: How many grams of carbs daily???
Last week I weighed and I have been at a standstill for about 7 days, I hope its because my cycle was getting ready to star. I got a little discouraged but I am back on track. Hang in there you will start to lose again.I am not sure about the carb intake. I dont do well with pasta bread ,or sugar so I dont have much of a carb intake.
minime
on 12/9/04 5:39 am - Littleton, NC
Topic: RE: 6 week check up
Congrats on your weightloss. I was doing great on my exercise until I came back to work 2weeks ago. Today I decided to crank up the treadmill ( that I was too heavy for post op) and get back into the routine. The only thing I can say is just do it.We have been through to much to not comply with what we need to do.I am 9wks out and down 50lbs.
lisalove
on 12/9/04 5:19 am - Uvalda, GA
Topic: RE: 6 week check up
Hey Joe, Congrats on your weight loss. You are doing so much better than me on the exercising. I get scared to try new food too, but it is the only way you will know if your stomach can handle it. I tried wendys chili today for the first time and I did well on it. I have been craving ribs and am putting off trying that for awhile. Good luck on the rest of your losing. Have have a wonderful christmas! Lisa 382/337
Mélanie Hope
on 12/9/04 5:18 am - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: has anyone exprianced dumping yet?
Haven't yet, but I learned months before surgery: SUGAR = BAD MILK = LIQUID SUGAR, thus MILK = BAD On this subject, has anyone tried or otherwise heard anything about the low-carb milk? I'm still a little nervous about it, so I haven't yet.
Mélanie Hope
on 12/9/04 5:04 am - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: Did you tell your co-workers??
Thanks for this, others' comments are very helpful - I am returning on Monday, and haven't told anyone in my department. I work at a large non-profit, and since we pray for e/o, everyone is in everybody's business. I just told them about the hernia repair and intestinal problems, but didn't go into much detail. They'd seen how many problems I was having with swelling, keeping stuff down, and back pain, and I related it all to the hernia. All that stuff is actually gone now. It's not that I'm ashamed. Not really. I just don't know how to discuss it. When I decided to have laser surgery on my eyes last year, the reactions from a couple of coworkers were so horrible and shocking that I decided not to tell anyone about my WLS. For something as simple as fixing my eyesight, you would have thought I was getting my eyes popped out with a rusty screwdriver. I can only imagine what they'd say about THIS surgery.
Laura M.
on 12/9/04 4:50 am - Kingstowne, va
Hi Sherri, I totally know what you are going through. I had open surgery on October 6 and I am going through the same thing you are going through. Some days are better then others. I too am loosing weight (42 lbs) but feel I'm not getting all the protein I should. I have been working out and I know that has helped me alot but on those days that I regret having this surgery, I just remember how bad I was before. The things that I eat on a daily basis that seem to work are: chicken salad on ritz crackers, protein bars, cheeros, pintos and cheese, and anything chicken. All of these foods fill me up and give me the protein I need. I hope this helps you and if you need to chat more you can email me. I just want you to know I know how you feel and you are not alone. Take care. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views