Finally Oct 20th *sorry long one*

trim4life
on 9/9/08 12:18 pm - OH

I have my date. October 20th. Whew, I now have 6 weeks to the day to get things done around the house. Clean out the pantry, and winterize the house before Surgery Day! YAHOO!

OK, still very scared. I know this next year is going to be incredibly hard and challenging.  Both mentally and physically. I know my husband's job will be gone by this time next year, I know that I will be the primary income earner and still not sure if we will make it, by this fact alone. 

I know that I will be juggling the surgery and all the mental details and struggles that this surgery brings with it. However, I am still excited to be given this chance to take
the physical pain part out the mix. While having to deal with other issues so close to hand.

At this present time, I struggle daily with hip, back, knee, and feet problems. I am hopeful that with surgery I will be free of most of these plagues. My job only compounds the pain issues. Most days I am on my feet 12.5 hours of the day. When I am off of work it takes a day just to recoup from the physical demands of my employment. 

With all that bi--witching, I LOVE MY JOB, I have the coolest job ever. It truly is my dream job. I work with a wonderful team. I couldn't ask for better, lol. OK, maybe higher wages, but who couldn't ask for that? With all that being said and all my ramblings ..... I have a date!
Melissa

lessofme2008
on 9/9/08 12:34 pm - IL
Melissa -

Honey I am there with you. Sorry to hear that DH job won't be there next year for you guys but.....hopefully he will have a job before that one is done. It's so great that you work for such a great place & wonderful team. Once you have the surgery all the aches & pains will go away as the weight comes off you. I have problems with my knees & heel spurs. My body just can't take the weight that is on it anymore and showing the signs. This being said....is 1 of the things that prompted me to look into this surgery.

I am have the VSG. What kind are you having? My surgery is in 28 days and I start my liquid diet in 16 days. This is what I am the most nervous about & afraid I will fail. I can't but I still don't know how I am gonna do the liquids. I plan to keep myself very busy and away from the house as much as possible while my family is eating.

Many hugs to you girl! We are all here for you!!
Annie
trim4life
on 9/10/08 2:54 am - OH
 I am sorry, I did forget to put in the last message, I am having the RNY. I feel like that commercial "life comes at you fast." Everything right now seems to be in a tail spin, emotions, work, well heck life in general.
 I guess this is where we just take one day at a time. Congratulations, Annie on the surgery date. The liquid diet will be hard, I am not looking forward to that part either  I think this is just one of those things we just do and endure to get to where we need to be. God willing  

I am off to try and clean my kitchen, I am starting there first. Throwing everything bad out or donating to local food pantry and washing all the shelves down. Moving the Magic Bullet to a permenant space on the counter and throwing out the deep fryer (I haven't used it in years... I swear)
Good luck, I have my work cut out for me today.
Melissa
matino
on 9/18/08 1:22 pm - Poughkeepsie, NY
Congrats on your date!  I am lap RNY on Oct. 7th.  You are motivating me to go clean out my whole kitchen...------>> so much to do, so little time.
sharon65
on 9/25/08 10:52 am - new albany, IN
Oh my gosh we sound so much alike. My date is Ocober 31st. I guess the doctor knows that my family has a demented scence of humor. Giving me aHalloween date. Oh well atleast it is a date finally so I can't complain. I just wi**** was sooner. I wish you the best of luck.
See ya
sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1297 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1258 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 923 views