It's been 8 months already?

MultiMom
on 6/9/09 8:03 am - NH
Lets hear your updates .

My journey so far has been fantastic. I reached goal just before my 6 month check up. My liver function tests were a little off, but I am being retested later this month and am hoping for an improvement.

I have been in maintenance mode for 6 weeks and so far I am keeping steady on the scale. I have found it difficult (and a little frightening) to eat more. That damn fear of regain is the worst!!

Let's hear from you :)

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

mainegal
on 6/15/09 8:53 pm, edited 6/15/09 8:54 pm - Thomaston, ME
I have lost 79 pounds since surgery. The weight loss has slowed down to a pound or 2 a week.
I've got to get more diligent about exercising. That would help.

I now have hunger or cravings but am able to keep that in check. My best friend is the water bottle. It keeps me full when I know it's head hunger

Emily     SW 320, Pre Surg 271.3, Lowest 189.8 Current 212.9 GW -155-188
Continuing the weight loss journey 10 pound goals at a time.  June 2011

BABNRS
on 6/17/09 7:39 pm
Congrats to ya'll on successfully navigating this journey.  I too am doing FANTASTIC!!! I am down to 137 from 235 (97lbs lost).  I too have slowed down with my weight loss.  But, that's fine by me because I had a real concern about being able to 'stop this thing when I'm done'!  I have been going to the gym and exercising (mostly) regularly! Hardly anything makes me sick, still haven't tried a do-nut...but then again, why would I want to, right??? My energy level is mega high and my self esteem is through the roof.  Unfortunately my PCOS went away and my periods came back with a clockwork regular vengeance! I am now embarking on a new journey to save for my plastic surgery fund.  I would like a lower body lift and a breast lift....I can live with the thighs and the arms :)  I feel so blessed to have been given this tool to accomplish my weight loss.  I honestly don't think I could have done it without the surgery. 

I have mostly been a lurker, but I still pray for each person that I read about when I am lurking!  I am so proud for everyone, including ME!!  YAY US!!!

God will never give you more than you can handle. Lord, am I close?

PMSmama
on 6/19/09 8:41 am
I am at an 80 lb loss and have 70 to go. I plan on losing the rest within the next year. I'm excersising like crazy and that has helped shape my body. Glad to see others seem to be where I am..:):)
L. Rios
on 6/28/09 1:07 am - Springfield, MO
Sounds like everyone is doing great!  I've lost 125 I've got about 40 to go to make my surgeons goal.  I've been loosing about 1 -2 lbs per week, I'm pretty happy with this.  I feel fantastic and am loving the energy I have.  ;) Lou
shymomma
on 6/28/09 2:03 am
I have lost 90 pounds so far, the weight-loss is slowing way down now. My Dr. wants me to lose 10 more pounds. I want to lose 15-20 more. I never thought I would lose this much in 8 months so I am happy.
congrats to everyone!
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
susie64
on 6/30/09 10:52 am
Hi everyone.  It's good to see how you all are doing.  As of today I am down to 165.  I started my journey at 278 and my surgery date weight was 246.  I want to lose at least another 20 pound and 30 pounds would be great!  I had a major stall this last 5 or 6 weeks and didn't lose a thing - I actually gained 2 pounds.  I made some changes and I am back on track.  i am bicycling for exercise and that has been a huge help for me.  it is also good for my knees to build up my quad muscles.  I am going to have to have both of my knees replaced although I know my ortho surgeon wants to wait as long as possible.  I am feeling great and even more confident that I can reach my goal.  I love hearing all of your stories so thanks for posting.  Have a great 4th of July!!

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1291 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1252 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 914 views