What is all Oct 09 eatign these days?

Rachel4398
on 11/25/09 11:04 pm, edited 11/25/09 11:35 pm
Hi - I was just wondering what you are all eating theses days ? I am still only eating 4oz of pure protein 3x a day... very bored with the same foods over and over .... Fish , Chicken, Eggs,Tuna turkey ,cheese and beans.... help me -- need some recipes.... sooo bored... I am not aloud anything else... no veggiesno fruit no nothing ... Thanks in advance .. BTW - I am on this diet till 12/22.... then soft veggies.... I dont even feel like I am losing anymore - WONT go on a scale ... I go to the gym 6x a week .... I drink at least 100oz of water a day.... I am trying so hard .... My clothes are big - yet to me I look in the mirror and see the same FAT GIRL I always see... : ( ....I am very thankful though still for having my surg.... I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving !!!!
jenhg
on 11/28/09 12:17 am - FL
My dr lets me eat anything basically, obviously focused on protein. I find i have to add alot of spice cause everything tastes bland. Rice and bread taste awful too, unless toasted. The only ay I am getting the protein is by adding 1 protein shake a day. I have done some exercise on and off but was feeling tired so stopped this week to allow myslef more recovery time. Stopped loosing for at least a week and a half but from what i read thats normal. My clothes are fitting better but I can relate with the person in the mirror comment, I still dont see myself with the 28lbs less, still see the fat girl. Were still begining so im sure everything will change as more time goes by.

Just Janie
on 12/1/09 7:52 am - Vero Beach, FL
I'm eating pretty much anything, but can only eat 1-2 ounces at a time. Most of what I eat is protein simply because I can't get much in and the protein is the most important. I don't have any restrictions except for carbs from the surgeon. They don't want me to add carbs until I'm 6 months post-op. I have snuck in a few crackers and I've had no problem with them. Tonight I had shrimp salad - I made some Sunday and have been eating it ever since. There sure are alot of left-overs with this surgery. I had my first protein bar today. I really am having trouble with protein drinks, so I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get most of the bar down. I eat a lot of cheese, some peanut butter (that's where the crackers came in) and sometimes fruit smoothies which I make with carb smart ice cream.
crysthecen
on 12/4/09 3:30 pm
RNY on 10/20/09 with
I'm still working the mushies so I find myself sticking to the protein shakes (lots of experimenting with flavors and types still).  Tend to eat refried beans, eggs with cheese, tender chicken, fish.  Not supposed to have the veggies/fruit either yet. 

Totally relate to the girl in the mirror thing.  I know if I put my op day clothes on they would be hanging off me, but I don't detect a huge difference.  I find I have alot of fear that I have stopped losing or will stop losing.  When I'm wearing the next size down jeans, it gives me a slight panicky feeling that they are too tight and won't loosen.  I KNOW in my heart that I'm being just ridiculous but I guess it takes a while to shake off the residue we have lived with so long being overweight.

SW 252/Day of Surgery 241/CW 189/GW 145 

kprefer
on 12/5/09 11:41 am - Middletown, NJ
I've been having Kellogg's Special K Protein Plus cereal for breakfast.  I also have eggs sometimes.

I have cold cuts, Wendy's Chilli, Chicken, Meatloaf, etc. Basically mostly protein in the meal with about 1oz or rice/pasta if needed.

: )

Kevin
Regards,

Kevin        

Includes 23 lbs lost on Nutrisystem from Sep 5, 2009 - Oct 12, 2009
Highest 382 / Pre-Surg Diet 372.5 / Pre-Surg 349 / Current 177.3 Goal 178
Barbi M.
on 1/15/10 3:07 am - Maplewood, NJ
I had my surgery on 10/28, I am eating most anything but very small bites or very moist.  I have only had issues with eggs, can't do them in any style.  I do a 4 oz dannon light and fit yogurt with Kashi Go lean cereal for breakfast, 3 oz of chicken or tuna, with lite applesauce.  I love Trader Joe's Turkey Chili, and can eat a soft cooked corn tortilla with chicken and cheese melted for dinner.  It is amazing how different doctors suggest different phases of diets.  I do have to supplement my protein with drinks during the day.  My favorite is Profect 50 grams because I mix it with water and sip on it all day.  I don't eat raw veggies or raw fruit only pureed fruit and over cooked steamed veggies. 

Most Active
Recent Topics