What you up to October patients

Adrienne G.
on 10/1/11 3:59 pm - Germantown, MD
Hey October patients - just checking in to see how everyone is doing and what you are up to?  I'm in turbo mode since my surgery is in 4 days.   Bag packed (camera too), house straight, grocery shopping done, blender out, meds ready, food log ready and bills paid LOL.  Hope everyone is doing well
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

OBRN
on 10/2/11 10:26 am
I started packng already.....I work right up until surgery day!  I am on day 6 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and really wanting some toast or something that is not liquid. I will make it though.  House is just about all clean.  I will need groceries again before surgery. I started freezing some post op liquid meals.  Laundry is just about done...but more will be created before surgery day.  I am nervous, but excited at the same time.

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:16 am
Adrienne G.
on 10/2/11 11:49 am - Germantown, MD
Yes you will make it!!  I lucked out and don't have a pre-op liquid diet until 24 hrs before surgery BUT I have limited my carbs because I've done very well loosing prior to surgery and I don't want to give my doctor anything (not even 1 oz to complain about -- trying to shrink that liver for her lol).  No nerves YET but I'm sure they will come.  I work Mon & Tues off Wed cause I girl has to get her hair done :-)

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:20 am
looks like you are ready to go, mine is 4 weeks away and i am going back and forth between power mode and feeling like i have a mountain ahead of me!

best wishes this week.  i started a group for sept-dec patients if you would like to join, i can also add peoples surgery dates as events so we can keep track!

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:21 am
Hi there!

I was looking for someone also to share the highs and lows of this experience!

I created a group at
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS

it is for anyone having wls from sept to dec. I would love for you to join, i thought getting everyone togethr in a group would be easier than having alot of different forum posts. any suggestions are appreciated, please also spread the word!! my surgery date was the 25th but i had to change it to nov 1 because of my job!
Adrienne G.
on 10/2/11 11:50 am - Germantown, MD
I'll be sure to join and be careful what you ask for -- I love to share LOL.  11/1 will be here before you know it :-)

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:39 pm
are you excited?  i am excited for you!!  i don't mind, i believe in sharing..lol

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

chunkymonkeylvr
on 10/3/11 12:17 pm - KY
I am super excited!! My Preop visit with the dr is on the 6th.  My surgery is the 17th!  I have a good friend/ coworker that had this done at the end of July, so I think that helps me keep more at ease.  Thank goodness I do not have to do a liquid diet but 24 hrs before the surgery. 

So this week I am getting toasted and I am eating everything under the sun I can think of that I will never eat again.  I am so ready for this surgery and forever say good by to the nasty food habits that I have gotten myself into, and ready to leave forever!

I am more nervous about leaving my job, I teach.    But I am more excited about cute sweaters in the winter, and to be the one passing on all the goodies rather than scarfing them all down.

WOOT WOOT to life changes for the better!
Sandra W.
on 10/5/11 5:04 am - Marbury, AL
 Good Luck with everything :)
 San
Most Active
Recent Topics