My surgery date and lack of patience.

April S.
on 10/11/03 7:47 am - Toledo, OH
My date is 11-18. Why am I so disappointed??? I've been waiting years for this, whats another 39 days? On top of that there are hundreds of folks who are in insurance hell right now wondering if they'll ever get their surgery. I'm feeling really selfish in that respect. I have to keep telling myself that. That being said, I still wish my surgery was a little sooner. I'm not a very patient person. This is just about killing me. LOL I really need to get a hobby. April
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/03 12:12 pm - CA
April, congratulations. My goodness the 20th is not that far away. It will be here before you know it. My surgery is the 12th and I've had my date since the beginning of August. It's just now that I have started to count the days.
nrskris10
on 10/11/03 12:29 pm - Marshfield, MO
I have tried to stay REALLY busy, except most of 'being busy' for me means I have been LIVING on this site lately! Instead of saying it is 39 days away, say it is ONLY 13 days after Kristens! Less than two weeks after mine! lol I am so concerned about the wait, that I have a countdown timer on my profile. If you go there, you can get the link to get your own. I have also written a countdown in my datebook. Making surgery day, "day #1" and counting up to today...being day #39...or whatever) I am happy and freaked that mine is comign up so soon. I have been busy... 1. Trying to figure out how I'm going to get this house in ORDER (I want it to sparkle when I leave, and I am going to ask my husband to please eat out! I don't even want to KNOW there is a dirty dish in this house! (don't want to look at it!) I'm hoping I can get some friends to come over and help me clean up before surgery...and maybe DURING my recovery...is that too much to ask?? Maybe just during recovery huh!? 2. Getting all my questions answered before surgery....I am the queen of lists, I have one list, just for questions to ask re: WLS. 3. wondering WHERE the share of cost will come from!?!?!?? I hope your days FLY by!! Take care!
carol E.
on 10/11/03 1:18 pm - Burbank, CA
Hi April, My surgery is Nov. 18 th also..My journey started almost 2 years ago. I know how you feel but now I am both excited and terrifed...Where are you having surgery, who's Doctor? I am going to Scrippts Mercy Hospital San Diego, Dr. Rumsey..... Carol n Burbank
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views