Got my Date now I am scared!

Brandi M.
on 10/11/03 2:03 pm - Newport News, VA
I finally got my date November 3rd which I am extremely grateful for but all of the sudden I am scared. I know it is normal but I have never been in the hospital, under anesthesia or even had pain medicine stronger than motrin what can I do to help not be so scared? I am so excited but then again I am scared thanks for listening. Brandi
nrskris10
on 10/11/03 2:57 pm - Marshfield, MO
yeah, all that stuff scares the $#!+ out of me too, but I just remind myself, people are having this done EVERYDAY! That helps somewhat, but I am still a little freaked out! I think there would be somthing wrong with you if you WEREN"T nervous!
Joanne M.
on 10/11/03 5:43 pm - Millbrook, AL
Hang in there Brandi. only normal to be a little scared at this point. There will be excellent people taking care of you. My day is Nov. 4 so I will be remembering you in my prayers, Joanne McNulty
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/03 10:16 pm - CA
Brandi, you will be fine. Nerves are pretty normal. I've only been in a hospital once to have my gall bladder out years ago. The time will go quickly and it's great to "sleep" thru the procedure. The day of surgery if you are really nervous, tell them in the pre-op area and they normally will give you something to "calm you" while you are waiting to be taken in to surgery. Wishing you the best. Mary
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/03 2:08 am
Brandi I know that you are a little nervous right now and that's normal. In fact I am too. But know that we are doing something to change our quality of life for the better. We are both scheduled for the same day and we have the same surgeon so we can be eachother support during this time and after. I am here if you need me.
Brandi M.
on 10/12/03 3:16 am - Newport News, VA
Thanks for the encouragemnet and support. Its just when I was added to the list at portsmouth it was december of last year and now that I have finally gotten my date I am so anxious I know I will be fine and Im just a sissy when it comes to pain. I know we all will do great! plus I have the best surgeons I can have. So with prayer and faith Im convinced I will be fine. Thanks again everyone..
Eileen S.
on 10/12/03 2:37 pm - San Diego, CA
My surgery is on 11/4. I am FREAKING OUT!! I talk myself out of this every day and talk myself back into it. I realize the easiest thing to do would to back out, but that would only before the short term. I know I have gone a long time wanting this....but still I am very scared. It's only 3 weeks from now. I am glad to know I am not alone in this whole process! I am afraid that I won't understand the whole what you can/cant eat thing, that I will ultimately fail. Anyway, I wish everyone the best of luck!!
Eileen S.
on 10/12/03 2:42 pm - San Diego, CA
One more thing...from one Navy Wife to another....best wishes! I keep thinking Navy Ball next fall! It's the little things that helps make me excited about this and not scared (not that I am doing this for those reasons).
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views