I have a date but what do I do until then?

KittyKatt
on 10/13/03 1:01 pm - San Diego, CA
I posted earlier that I finally have a date 11/24/03. I am so happy and excited, I just can't believe that it's actually going to happen. But what do i do in the mean time to keep from going stri crazy as I wait for my surgery date? i feel like time is just dragging on and i am going to go nuts if I don't do something. I have already scrubbed my entire house to make the weekend go by, so what else can I do. I am a premed student too, but I have done all my assignments up thur the end of October! I really just can't wait until my surgery. I feel as tho I am being given a second chance to really live again and enjoy life and do the things that I haven't been able to do for so long. Is anyone else experinecing these emotions as well?
nrskris10
on 10/13/03 1:40 pm - Marshfield, MO
WOW, you are impressive, I have only made a LIST of things I need to clean, but I don't want to waste my energy doing them until the last minute (LOL) AND you have your school assignments done ahead of time too! You are awesome. I guess, like I should be doing, you can start exercising if you aren't already. I am planning on walking every day BEFORE my surgery to help with the recovery. Even if it is only to the end of the block....! Better than my usual walk to the fridge... to the computer...to the TV... Good luck on staying busy! Your friend in weight loss (and healthcare)! Kristen
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/03 3:01 pm - CA
Jeannie, if you really need something to do, you could always come over and scrub my entire house!!!!! How about some long walks, reading some good books, watching some good movies. The time will pass quickly I'm sure. Mary
April S.
on 10/14/03 5:12 am - Toledo, OH
I have a house you can clean, and a three year old you could babysit if you're really looking for things to do. I can really relate to you on this one... My first date was the 18th, and I thought I was going to lose my mind waiting for that date. My new date is the 3rd, and while it is a much closer date, I'm still threatening to lose my mind waiting... My pre surgery testing is next monday, and then it's two weeks after that... I know when my date was the 18th, I had it broken down into... well, three weeks until the pretesting then two weeks from there... I'm babbling. Basically I wish I had an answer for you... I don't. I think I'm the least patient person I know.(It drives my husband CRAZY) The only thing that made it easier for me was knowing that in the grand scheme of things, my date was right around the corner... A lot of people have to wait until next year or even longer. I picked up a few books at the library that I'm going to dive into. Hopefully that combined with knowing halloween is right around the corner will help me. Good luck to you! You're date is coming quickly, really it is!!! April
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views