Hello...anyone with under 3 weeks to go?!

debbie T.
on 10/24/03 10:52 pm - staffordsville, ky
Just want to say "Howdy y'all!" and "I'm a nervous wreck." I don't look it on the outside but my insides are like mexican jumping beans. Everyone at work keeps asking me if I'm sure about what I'm doing and that it is such a drastic measure. I keep telling them the same answers, "Yes and Yes!" but after a while it plays on your mind. I have been on my pre-op diet now for three weeks and I don't seem to be losing very much. I don't know if I'm just obsessing or what. Let's just join together and be of one mind and support each other as we work to our goal. I'm holding onto my faith as tightly as I can. Peace be to all. Debbie
Linda L.
on 10/24/03 11:07 pm - Desoto, Tx
Debbie, I am feeling the same. My date is 11/6/03 and I am just as nervous. I know so many people that have had the surgery and they are doing great. I think that people that have no education about the surgery are the ones that really work on your nerves. We will have to support each other through this and just think about how beautiful and healthy we will be this time next year.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/03 1:15 am - CA
Hi Debbie, it's normal to be nervous. BUT don't focus on the negatives, focus on the positives and how much your health will improve afterwards. I'm 18 days away from surgery. Yes, I get nervous too. But must admit I'm getting excited too. I'm not nervous that anything will go wrong during the surgery or with the surgery ... I get nervous about things like being in the hospital or having to do the bowel cleansing ahead of time. I know my surgeon is the best and I get to sleep thru it all (what a blessing that is) and they can wake me up when they are done. Maybe you need to take a more assertive approach with your co-workers. Tell them you appreciate their concern BUT your doctor agrees with your decision to have this surgery and you don't want to discuss any negatives at this time. OR change the subject to something more positive or something more positive about the surgery. I think people feel they are being helpful or concerned for us, but it is not fair to the person having surgery. What are you doing for your pre-op diet? I've lost 44 lbs with 2 to go by Tuesday for my pre-op appt. I lost 26 doing Weigh****cher points from January to end of July. Then I switched to South Beach Diet (lean high protein and low/no carbs) since and have dropped 18 lbs. The last 2 lbs my surgeon is requiring of me are being elusive. I do a protein bar for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, protein with salad for dinner, snowcones (zero calories) and chicken breast or tuna for snacks (but no more than 2 oz during the day for a snack). I'm riding my exercise bike 3+ miles at least 4 times a week, drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day too. If you are drinking diet pop, remember it is loaded with sodium (unless you buy Diet Rite Cola which is sodium free) and can cause water retention. Faith definitely plays a positive role in this for me too. Best wishes for you (and others having surgery this month too). Mary
doreen C.
on 10/25/03 10:45 am - freehold, nj
Hi Debbie, I'm scheduled for Nov 7th and strangely enough, i'm pretty calm...I guess it comes with knowing i've made the right decision for me...and for my health. I recently experienced a co-worker challenge my decision for surgery...it's a little difficult to be hit with that head on..but I remained positive, and in a nice way, told her that without knowing my history of attempts at weight loss (or should i say failed attempts) it would be difficult for her to understand why someone would take such a drastic step...but it's a personal choice, and for me it's the right one....best of luck with your surgery.....i'd be happy to keep in touch email me any time......take care Doreen
BETSY D.
on 10/25/03 2:42 pm - CLEVELAND, OH
My surgery date is November 4! I can't wait for it to get here. I know it is only 8 days away but gee, I am getting impatient. I know I have made the right decision, I just get the nerves going and I feel like they are going to call me and say the surgery is cancelled. Like I have something wrong with my blood work etc.... Plus my son has the flu! He has 102 temp and I do not want what he has. Although I just got over something and finished a round of antibiotics about 5 days ago. I would die if I caught something now!!!! So, we will get through this, send me some emails and when I get done with surgery I will be sure to tell you all the details!!!!! Betsy
Eileen S.
on 10/26/03 1:29 am - San Diego, CA
Debbie, I am just over a week to go (11/4) and I am "freaking"!! I know it's the right thing. I feel like I am going into the unknown (which I am ) but, you just have to take chances sometimes. I have a wonderful husband that is doing his best to keep me calm. My family is supportive (yet I know they are nervous for me). My friends at work are supportive of me too. My fears are of death (not ready to die yet). There is also the fear of failure. I am afraid I will screw this up, like everything else I have done in the past. I am afraid of losing my friend, food!! Anyway, I wish you the best! I will give you and everyone else the play by play when I get home from the hospital. I am hoping that I will be home by Saturday the 8 of November.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 624 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 715 views