November 11th Date in CA

T. V.
on 10/25/03 1:38 pm
I'm counting down to my surgery date with only a couple of weeks left to go. Reading all the posts and updates has been an incredible help when I start getting really anxious, so I'm so thankful for all of you. This process has taken me over 16 months from my referrel to my surgery date. I've been so frustrated and broken a few times, but have found that with each tomorrow there is new hope. My trouble right now is how torn I am. My husband will have to stay home with our two pre-teens while I'm in San Diego for my surgery. We are celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary on the 30th of this month. I wish so badly that he could be with me because I'm so at ease with him near me. Logically, the best place for him is with the kids, but I want him with me. I will have other support, but it's just not the same.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/03 2:56 pm - CA
Tamara, congratulations on your date. My surgery is the day after you but at UCLA. I understand totally about wanting your husband with you and feeling more at ease with him by your side. Do you have any relative or close friend that could stay with the kids or that they could stay with so your husband could be with you? I know it is hard to do with teenager/school etc., but you might be surprised at what you could work out. My journey took 15 months from start of referral to surgery date. It has been an emotional roller coaster along the way, so many hurry ups and wait, lots of tests, etc. Wishing you the best. You will be thru surgery and back home before you know it. Mary
debbie T.
on 10/26/03 9:44 pm - staffordsville, ky
Congratulations on your date!! I understand completely. There's nothing like being able to look your husband in the eyes and gain strength and courage from him. Hang in there and keep on trucking. Be more forgiving of yourself. Don't forget there will continue to be good and bad days but eventually the good will win out and you will be a "loser". Prayers. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 624 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 715 views