Home and recovering from surgery

sshelbyk
on 11/30/04 12:19 pm - Park Rapids, MN
Hi All! I haven't been online much the last few days. On November 24th I had my tummy tuck and breast lift. The surgery went well. I knew I had one hernia, but my surgeon found a "bulge" about the size of a grapefruit cut in half. So, instead of just having the extra skin removed, he ended up having to go into the muscle and tighten things up and reinforce it with mesh. The first few days I wondered why I put myself through the pain, but when the pain improved, I was very happy to have it all done. I did also have a breast lift. I am TOTALLY happy with that. Ok, I admit it, I've never been this perky. I was scared going into this, but now I'm happy I did. I'm now looking forward to the swelling and bruising to go down and see the final results. After being overweight all my life, to finally be a "normal" size is a new and wonderful feeling. I am thinking of taking dancing lessons now, something I've always wanted to do. It's also good excercise and I'm hoping it will help tighten up my legs. I feel like a new woman! Shelley
pasquale
on 12/1/04 7:37 am - palm harbor, FL
Hi Shelly glad your doing well and all went well.I was wondering how long did your surgey go.I was told to have tt and boob lift it will take 8 hrs. and I'm scared to be under for 8 hrs.I'm waiting for insurance approval on this I hope it goes thru and get this done and have a new body and a healthier life. Fran
sshelbyk
on 12/1/04 8:02 am - Park Rapids, MN
Fran, No, not at all. I was only in about 3 1/2 hours at the most. That also included repairing a hernia and tighteninng the stomach muscles. When I shower in the mornings I stand there looking at myself going...WOW! I don't look half bad...lol. Good luck and keep me posted. Shelley
LISA M.
on 12/8/04 12:41 pm - RIVER ROUGE, MI
Shelley, I can't wait to get a tt and breast lift..not much left up there...ha ha well I am very happy for you and wish me luck on mine.. lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 624 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 715 views