Tummy Tuck or Panni anyone?

isuez
on 1/21/09 12:22 pm - IL
  Hi... Has anyone had a TT or Pani?  Are you going to???  Does anyone have any knowledge they'd like to share on this topic??  Please share.
Thanks, Sue
JUDY C.
on 1/24/09 7:08 am - Bear, DE
YES!  I'd love to have a LBL, arm lift and breast lift.  I've been lurking around the plastic surgery forum.  I've gotten some good information there.  I plan on going to a PS seminar in March.  Can't wait to get rid of all this skin.
I do know a panni will only remove the skin from your belly button down, no muscle tightening and a TT will pull down your skin, relocate your belly button and tighten your stomach muscles.  Since I have so much skin (the sharpei look) around my waist a LBL is the way to go for me.  I actually would like to combine that with an anchor cut to tighten up everything.

Good luck on your quest!
Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

isuez
on 1/24/09 11:21 pm - IL
Judy-
Thanks for answering.  I too, have been checking out the PS pages and any site dedicated to WLS - PS.  I just found out that my insurance WILL COVER the panni and fix my hernia- I have to cover the TT.  But that's OK- I figured I was going to have to fight for coverage.  I am scheduled for surgery April 2nd, 2009.  (I have some work and vacation obligations I have to attend to)
I know of only 1 person who had a TT that I talked to. (she is in my WLS support group) I am ALWAYS looking for information on what to expect...LOL  sounds like you as well.

Thanks for the post...keep me updated on your journey-

Sue 
Elizabeth36
on 2/21/09 7:35 pm - MA
Hi Judy,
I too would love to have some of this extra skin removed. I am getting trouble backaches but I need to research if my insurance would approve any kind of payment toward removing extra skin. Anyways this extra skin, I look at is a good problem to have. It means I have lost weight and have kept it off comparing to how heavy and unhealthy I was before the weight lost. Con grads on your weight lose and having extra skin. lol

Good Luck with your TT. I hope you get the results your looking for.
cbhjr98
on 5/6/09 7:07 pm
I just had an LBL but my surgeon said once he was inside my muscles was so tight that he didn't tighten them anymore. I'm overseas so I pay him then file for reimbursement w the insurance. Further, since he didn't do muscle tightening (but did the rest of the tummy tuck w/ new naval) he re-wrote the papers to just say he gave me a panni and thigh lift.  Hopefully they will be more willing to reimburse me :-)

I'm 5 weeks out. Still swollen. I will prob have him lipo the back of the thighs a bit more when I do my chest and arms in december as they are still way chunky.

I'm so glad I did it - you can see pictures of 10 days post op on my profile.

Private message me if you have more questions,

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active
Recent Topics