FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

Rob3boys
on 11/1/08 1:55 am - NM

I am getting a cold and my surgery is Wednesday!!! Any suggestions????

Darlene E.
on 11/1/08 2:26 am - Harrow, Canada
Depending on what you've been told to do (liquid diet?)  I'd take vitamin C, eat chicken noodle soup and  REST!!!!! 

Good luck and let us know.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

boobrajean2008
on 11/1/08 2:30 am - ravenna, OH
That is my biggest fear getting sick and not getting the surgery on time, go figure we are going to be cut open and our fear is a cold. :) Good luck with it. 19 more days for me.
Barbara Jean
angelpride64
on 11/1/08 3:39 am - IL
My RNY is Nov.21st and I am catching a cold too....I know I have more time, but I am doing Zicam, drinking a ton of liquids, and staying in bed...Also nice hot steamy baths.

I hope you feel better soon

Polly S.
on 11/1/08 4:01 am - PA
I had a cold 2 weeks before my surgery. I took vitamin C and chicken noodle soup and I was ok for the surgery. I had that nasty cough with my cold. Hope you feel better.
knitterme
on 11/1/08 5:28 am - Bowling Green, OH
RNY on 11/04/08 with
 My surgery is Nov. 4th and I'm getting a sore throat.  I went and purchased some chewable vitamin C and it helped it immediately.  Chicken broth and rest.  Hang in there!!!

Dianne

263   / 245     [   173 ]    150
                                                  highest / DOS    [current]    
goal
Psalm 139: 13
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.?

shadowgirl
on 11/1/08 7:15 am
I agree with the suggestions for vitamin C, rest, lots of liquids.  Also, practice good hand washing!  My office-mate at work has been sick / coughing all week, so I've been taking extra vit C for prevention!
2sailaway
on 11/1/08 7:41 am - Santa Clarita, CA
My surgery is on the 6Th and I had my pre op yesterday.  I woke up yesterday with a bad sore throat.  And the Doctor also commented on how red my throat looked. The good news is that I passed my preop blood work.  I read that drinking  1- t apple cider vinegar, 1 -t lemon with ho****er and a dash of cayenne pepper should help. So I have been doing that and it seems to be helping the sore throat anyway. If nothing else it numbs it. But be prepared it does not taste very good. I think I will be OK because I have 5 more days and today seems a little better than yesterday.

Good Luck!
Teri
Jennifer S.
on 11/1/08 8:39 am - WA
This was brought up at my nutrition class and my surgeon said that unless you have a fever the surgery can go forward even with a cold.  He said if your temp is over 100 then the surgery has to be postponed.  So, hopefully you don't have a fever and won't get one!  Good luck!
Rob3boys
on 11/1/08 10:52 am - NM
Thank you all for your support!!! I will rest and hopefully be ok by Wednesday. I hope you all are well and all our surgeries go well this month! What a great month I hope it will be for all of us.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and info!

Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 801 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 764 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1048 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2009 views