Another new surgery date and hopefully the LAST!

pjukawil
on 11/1/08 10:54 am - Davison, MI
Anyone having their surgery Nov 10th?  Today was the first day of my ten day pre-surg diet and all I could think about was the food I will not be able to eat for a loooooooooooooong time and probably never (like fudge...which is one of my specialties!!)  It's so funny (actually not at all) what your mind puts you through.  I think it is finally sinking in that the surgery is within reach now...FINALLY! 

Has anyone tried UNJURY protein powders?  I just ordered mine today...

hazmat11
on 11/1/08 12:37 pm
I just ordered unjury so do not what it will be like but I have tried Isopure vanilla and its ok. I found cappellaflavor drops and tried it with them and it improved it lots. I even tried a walmart cookies and cream high protien powder and it is ok. I hear several different places online has sample packs you can order. I think I can handle one drink a day after I am allowed some real food . All liquids is not fun.
Susie

Katie V.
on 11/2/08 1:14 am
Hey! I didn't have the Unjury but when i went to my preop appt with my surgeon they gave me some samples for after surgery. it's supposed to be the best.

I've been on a liquid diet for TWO weeks...today is my last day...tomorrow is surgery. But, it DOES get easier. now the thought of food never fully goes away but after a few days the hunger pangs aren't as pronounced and you usually get a nice regimen of what to drink and when.

I've noticed the past few days though my appetite has been at pretty much nil which is fantastic and my stomach has hardly growled...granted this was about 11 days in and you won't even have to worry about hitting that point cause on your 11th day you'll be having surgery!

BUt, it does get easier and you never fully stop thinking about the food that you want!

Good luck! :)

Katie

Darlene E.
on 11/2/08 8:57 am - Harrow, Canada
OK, I'm gonna do this liquid diet damn it!!!  Everyone else has to do it and I don't. I keep saying I'm going to do it just to cut my cals and lose a few pounds but I can never stick to it.   Again, I think it's because I don't HAVE TO do it. 
Tomorrow I'm starting.

Oh, and my surgery date is Nov 10 as well :-)

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 801 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 764 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1047 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2008 views