X-Post: Surgery Date Moved Up!

TXKashmir
on 11/10/08 9:54 am - Grand Prairie, TX
OK, so I was scheduled for surgery on December 8 - close, but not panic close. Well, my surgeon's office called me today, and they have changed the date to November 22. HOLY COW! That is LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY! I'm feeling a little nervous (& a bit disappointed that I won't be able to indulge at Thanksgiving - I will still be on clear liquids - turkey broth, anyone?).

Obviously, I will keep everyone updated. Thank you so much for all your support!

Debbie
Kristy A.
on 11/10/08 10:09 am - South Burbs, MN
That's exciting.  My date is the day before Thanksgiving. I was sort of hoping for one "final holiday" dinner, but oh well. Onward, and downward !

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Jeanette_S.
on 11/11/08 2:47 am - Shakopee, MN
Congratulations on gettiing scheduled!!

For me it was "the sooner the better" but it was still quite shocking that on October 29th I was scheduled for surgery on the 14th. It meant that I would start my liquid diet just 6 days after that. Funny, it still doesn't seem real, though.

I try not to get down about Thanksgiving. I know that there will be others, and I will be able to have smaller amounts of most of the t-day food. This year I will be on pureed foods, so I am bringing my blender and plan on having some pureed turkey and FF gravy, which doesn't sound all that appetizing at all. I was debating on not going at all, but decided that it really is about seing my family and being thankful for all that I have and that I have this opportunity to have this surgery and all.

Best of luck to you!!
TXKashmir
on 11/11/08 3:38 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Thanks, Jeanette!

I will only be five days out on Thanksgiving & still on clear liquids. I was thinking about using the "fresh out of surgery" excuse to get out of going. But, you're right - it IS more about being with family. If I feel up to it, I may go.
shadowgirl
on 11/11/08 9:10 am
Hi, my surgery is on 11/21, so I'm in the middle of my pre-op diet of 2 protein shakes and one meal (little pro, very little starch) per day routine.  I'll be on full liquids for Thanksgiving....so, cream soup it is!  I'm planning on a low key holiday, spouse, son and girlfriend and that's it.  While my meal comes from a blender, theirs will come from Whole Foods! 

Good luck with your surgery!  Turkey broth for one holiday is a small price to pay.  By Christmas you'll be enjoying other foods!

SG
blessedabundantly
on 11/11/08 11:35 am - Abilene, TX
Mine was scheduled super quick as well. :) I had my consult on the Oct 28th, was approved on the 31st and then scheduled for Nov 19th. I could have taken Nov 13th, but that wasn't enough time to sort the kiddos and the dog out. :)
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 805 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 767 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1053 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2019 views