Passed the PAT's But..............

ravendom
on 11/10/08 11:58 am - Owen Sound, Canada
Well I just got back from Barix this evening and I am happy to say that I passed my PAT's and alls a go for my surgery on the 25th of Nov. Only problem is they found gallstones =S The internest said Dr.Pop will probebly take my gallbladder out if he feels it is needed , I don't mind that at all as it saves another surgery in my future but my concern is , can he still do it through laporscopy if he is doing both? I was so worried that my surgery was going to be cancelled when the ultrasound tech told me I had them!! Eekkkk. Oh well, I am just happy I passed all the rest and got the go ahead =)
Kim

Current weight= 185, goal = 135, Surgery 11/25/2008

Lisa B.
on 11/10/08 1:57 pm - Minot, ND
Hi! First of all congrats on passing your PAT's! We have the same surgery date! I had my gallbladder out lap so I dont see why they couldnt do both. Good luck!
Renée M.
on 11/10/08 5:10 pm - Syracuse, NY
Glad all went well with your PAT's!  I have mine on Friday.  I had mine out Lap about 13 years ago (same surgeon who is doing my RNY!).  I am sure that they can do both Lap!  Boy do I wish now that I was having Lap and not Open!
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
Kelly C.
on 11/11/08 5:59 am - Clinton, Canada
Hey Kim......congrates on passing PATs. I went to the Barixs as well. Arent they great there?!....They found gallstones with me as well, except they gave me the option of having it removed or not. I had Dr. Schram. The doctor who cleared me told me that they would have to open me up. BUT saying that Dr. Pop might not, every doc is different! I decided not to have mine out jsut because I have never had aproblem with them, and if I do in the future I will ahve to deal with it then!!!

All the best to you and you will fly through surgery with flying colors!!!!

hugs
kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
ravendom
on 11/11/08 6:06 am - Owen Sound, Canada
Thanks everyone for your replies. I hope that he can do it laper with the surgery , if he wants to open me up i guess I will decide that with him the day of surgery but mine do not bother me either, I had 3-4 really bad attacks a year ago where i had to be rushed to the Emerge but the docs there said it was just gas, i told them I thought it was gallbladder but they dismissed it and did not check and just gave me meds to release the gas. Now I want to go back to those docs with the results of my ultrasound and shove it in their faces =(

Darlene E.
on 11/12/08 10:48 am - Harrow, Canada
Hi Kim,
Were you going in for surgery on the 24th? I thought that was your day. Anyway, I'll be at Barix for my 2 week post op on the 24th so I'll bring you a little something and have the nurses just keep it in your chart till you get there.
Hugs,
Dar

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

ravendom
on 11/12/08 11:22 am - Owen Sound, Canada
Hi Darlene. Glad to see you are home , hope you are doing well. I was so happy to hear that everything went well for you. My surgery is on the 25th  I am so sorry I did not get up to see you. There was so much going on and barix was so busy and we had a 6 hour drive ahead of us so we kinda just bolted out after my PATS where done. I hope your 2 week check up will be great and that you feel back to normal.
Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 805 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 767 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1053 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2019 views