HELP HELP HELP

BoiseJamie
on 11/20/09 2:03 am - Boise, ID

IM SOOOOOOO MAD!  MY ORIGINAL WIEGHT WAS 334 PRE OP I GOT DOWN TO 190 WHICH PUT ME IN A SIZE 12.  Y HUSBAND LEFT ME TWO YEARS AGO FOR A YOUNGER WOMAN AND I HIT ROCK BOTTOM AND BEGAN TO DRINK HEAVILY.  IN FEBRUARY I GOT SOBER AND SINCE I HAVE GAINED BACK UP TO 258.  I AM UNABLE TO EXERCISE DUE TO A BACK INJURY.  ANYONE HAVE A DIET THAT WILL HELP ME LOSE SO I CAN GET DOWN QUICKLY TO HAVE MY BACK SURGERY???? PLEASE HELP

diminishingdeborah
on 12/20/09 11:54 am - New York, NY
I had a R-N-y five years ago and lost 100 pounds. I recently put on 20 pounds very rapidly after puuting on 20 pound over the course of 5 years ( total gain 40 pounds).  I also had a rough time and lost control.  I didn't feel I could risk anymore weight gain while I worked through my emotional issues.So- I had a band placed last week. I already feel uplisfted by having been able to do two weeks of liquids pre-op and now feel hopeful that the process of weight loss will continue for me.

Sorry you've had a hard time.  I can relate and that's how I have chosen to handle it.

DD
Frankie
on 1/19/10 10:41 pm - NY

I am thinking of getting a revision.  I am 5 years post op and gained 20lbs then got pregnant gained an additional 44lbs with pregnancy but have lost only 25lbs.  I feel I can eat anything now and want to stop the weight gain before it gets out of control.  I want to add a lap band over my pouch.  Let me know what you had to do in order to get it approved via insurance etc.

Thanks and good luck on the weight loss.

Fran

diminishingdeborah
on 1/20/10 12:19 pm - New York, NY
Hi Fran,

I see you had Dr. Inabnet ( if he's the doctor at NY presbyterian). He saved my life when I had a leak after my RNY.

As to your question, I think it's becoming more common to have a band placed over the bypass. I went to see Dr. Kurian at NYU medical center. The process was very easy. I was approved immediately and ad the surgery about a month after I made the decision to do it.

The doctor's office took care of all the paperwork.

I've lost 10- 15 pounds ( depending on which scale i go by). I have also found that just doing the liquid diet has helped me regain some use of the RNY. It was very hard at first but after the third day, it got better.

Hope this helps,

Feel free to pm me.

DD
    RNY, 07/13/04, leak repair 07/18/04,100 pounds lost, 40 regained, lap band 12/ 17/09- It's a journey!!!!!                           
Most Active
Recent Topics
310lbs GONE<<<GONE GONE
rron999 · 1 replies · 872 views
Anybody still checking in here?
Loni* · 13 replies · 1851 views
Revision 1/13/2011
kellyt · 2 replies · 865 views
Not doing so well
CuteDonna · 6 replies · 1070 views