Surgery date 12/6..Hurrah !

Monica B.
on 11/18/04 3:59 am - Emery, SD
Hello all, I am 57, been overweight all my adult life and I am so happy and relieved to know that on 12/6 I will have a new birthday and receive one of the best presents in the world, a new chance at life. I am a true prisoner of my body. I am morbidly obese, have many co-morbidities, 2 horrible, painful, hard to walk anymore, knees and legs. I am ready! I looked into this surgery in 2001. Did not have family support and let it go. Finally after try WW, joining a gym, having a personal trainer, and really trying to loose weight for one whole year, I failed again. My husband, age 58, lost 40 lbs and he has a flat 6-pack ab, and great muscle definition, he is buff, but not me. This demonstrated to my family that the WLS had to be done and so I went back and saw the surgeon. This was in June and here it is almost surgery time. I went to the surgeon prepared, I had my PCP do lots of the preop tests, had an endoscope and colonoscopy, blood tests, EKG. My surgeon, Dr.Faillo of Springfield, Massachusetts is wonderful, very good at educating the patient and family members. He has spent two separate hours with us at office visits. His bedside manner is excellent. His staff is another big plus. Cheryl does all the insurance submitting and knows her stuff. I decided to go to Mercy Hospital in Springfield and was referred to the Mercy Hospital Comprehensive Weight Loss Group. They are all fantastic professionals that make the process understandable and easy. The support groups are small and really give you access to explore the surgery and aspects of the journey. Kind of like this place, ObesiyHelp.com. By showing up pro-active, informed, and with much of the work already done, my wait has been shorter than most. I am going to try a 2 week liquid diet starting on Monday. I will deal with Thanksgiving as best I can. I want to prepare a "operational theater" that is easy for the surgeon to do his thing. I wish us all good luck and good loosing on the other side. Monica
lovinglife
on 11/18/04 9:36 am - Huntington Beach, CA
Good luck Monica, my date is Dec 1, I am sooo excited, I am 53 years old and am so ready for this.. I did alot of preops last week today I had a Nuclear Stress Treadmill, get the results back tomorrow. Tomorrow I go to the hospitla for the esophagus test, whatever the heck it is, all I know is that they will sedate me, oh well , I wish you lots of luck , were gonna be losers soon Nancy
gone4good
on 11/20/04 7:48 am - Cheyenne, WY
Congrats to you Monica. I am really happy for you. I share the same surgery date so we will have the same "birthday". I wish you the very best in this journey we take to health and happiness. God Bless you and your surgeons on the 6th. Tammy
Lana S.
on 11/20/04 6:40 pm - Dover, Tn
Good morning Monica, We will be a sleep about the same time. My surgery is at 7:30am at Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tn. It's been almost four years getting to this point, I'm 54 and I know this is going to make a new life for myself and my husband, Best wishes and lots of prayers and hugs, Keep in touch. Lana
Most Active
Recent Topics
310lbs GONE<<<GONE GONE
rron999 · 1 replies · 884 views
Anybody still checking in here?
Loni* · 13 replies · 1861 views
Revision 1/13/2011
kellyt · 2 replies · 870 views
Not doing so well
CuteDonna · 6 replies · 1074 views