Anyone on 12/19?

anume121908
on 12/7/08 10:29 am - Knightdale, NC
Hi all - I am new to this site. I have scheduled my surgery for 12/19 in Raleigh NC. Any others from NC out there scheduled for the  same day?  I am excited and somewhat nervous but I know this is what I need to be better. I watched diabetes ravage my mother til she had all of her limbs amputated. My oldest brother is having foot trouble now so why should I continue on the same road?  I am a little worried about the skin issue as well. Any pointers would be helpful. 

Will keep you updated as I approached "the day"!
Cindy P.
on 12/7/08 11:11 am
I'm not in North Carolina, but am scheduled for surgery the same day as you, 12/19, in Louisville, KY.  I am excited and nervous too!  My late husband and his mother suffered terribly from diabetes and I know exactly how scary diabetes can be, so I think you're making a good decision.  I haven't developed diabetes yet, but I know I'm in line for it next, I have some "pre-diabetic" symptoms with low blood sugars sometimes. 

The skin issue - at 420 lbs and 5'10" and 53 years old I am going to have them.  But I can have excess skin and still be healthy.  I want to be able to walk and breathe and stand and go back to work.  I want to be able to help my two teen daughters as they grow up and get married and have kids someday.  I'll figure out if I need plastic surgery for that later on.  Right now, first things first. 

When I was in my twenties and lost almost 90 lbs. on Weigh****chers everything pretty much shrunk up, skin wise.  I lost and gained it all back plus, many times over and things still looked halfway decent until the past 15 years when I wrecked my body with morbid obesity.  My husband's death contributed to my putting the last 80 lbs. on.  I ate my emotional pain I guess.  So although I had pretty good skin when I was younger and lost weight I doubt that'll happen this time as I try to lose 250 lbs.  Age and elasticity and how much weight you lose makes the difference.

But this surgery is a last resort for saving our lives more than for being pretty, although I am looking forward to improving my looks too.  Good luck to you and I hope you keep in touch! 

Cindy
jewels41
on 12/7/08 2:02 pm
I am not in your state either, I am in wisconsin and I am being banded on december 19th as well. Goodluck to you as well.. keep me posted on how your surgery went.

Julie
KatieB2003
on 12/8/08 1:10 am - Garrettsville, OH
I am not in NC, but I am having my surgery on the 19th. I am worried about the skin issue as well, but my husband has made it so much better.. he says that if I have saggy skin that bothers me than there is always plastic surgery or Spanx.

Good Luck on your surgery!

Meet the Surgeon Aug 1, 2011 .... hopefully the surgeons office is right and everything will go fast and I'll have surgery later this month. 

http://porcenaluk.blogspot.com/

brjones
on 12/8/08 1:29 am
I am scheduled for a RNY on the 19th in Washington DC.  I am so anxious and excited that I have not been able to sleep for the pass few days.

My mother in-law had the surgery 4 years ago and she has a lot of excess skin. So I too am worried about the skin. My doctor keeps stressing the importance of working out. As soon as I am cleared to starting working out I will. I have already bought a few weights. 
anume121908
on 12/8/08 1:58 pm - Knightdale, NC

Hey Guys!  Glad to know there are some 19er's out there!  I will have you all in my thoughts as we all embark upon the same journey. Please , when you feel up to it, let's keep each other posted on our recovery.

I spoke with a lady at my job today when I found out that she had a DS (duodenal switch) 6 years ago on the 9th of Dec.  I promise you I would not have known she had it by looking at her. She looked as if she never had a weight problem in her life. Upon talking to her and seeing her pictures of the "then" and now - WOW Looking liked a different person. Of course, I asked her about the skin and she told me she has never had surgery nor did she have the skin problem. Answer:  Exercise from day 1. She actually showed me her pics in the gym that she took after the weight loss and there was skin but she worked out religiously. She has no sagging skin!  No pouch! She is toned as if she had been an athlete all of life. In fact, she had no booty and worked "up" one!  I felt so energized knowing there is a solution to sagging skin when surgery is not an option.  So stay encouraged!  We are going to make it:)

tenchagutierrez
on 12/10/08 10:51 am - santa barbara, CA
im on the 18th in santa barbara CA.....lap band
Stacdawg
on 12/16/08 8:49 am
Hey, I'm on the 19th w/ Enochs too.  Yay!!!.  Good luck
anume121908
on 12/16/08 9:14 am - Knightdale, NC
Great!  What time is your surgery? Mine is 12:30ish - I might go earlier. I have my bag packed and my clear liquids ready.  A little nervous but I am going in believing God will see me through.

Good luck. I might see you at Rex??
Stacdawg
on 12/17/08 9:59 am
I have to be there at 7:10 and my surgery is at 9:10.  I'm packing tonight and getting my clear liquids ready for tomorrow.  I really calmly excited.  I'll keep in touch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views