Problems staying on track.

Candice L.
on 6/29/09 3:46 pm - IN
I seem to be having trouble staying "focused" lately. I was so diligent when it came to weighing my foods, measuring, journaling etc. I have also been slacking on my protein shakes which I never did before. I was also walking at least 5 days a week and have stopped doing that as well. I know that I NEED to be doing this but for some reason haven't been doing. Maybe I just got too comfortable with things and got lazy. I know what I SHOULD be doing and what I am NOT doing and am having a hard time getting motivated to get back on track. Is anyone else having this problem? I also never drank carbonated drinks but recently have started for some reason. I really don't overeat, I think I am just not making the best choices possible. If you are or have had this problem, what did you do to get yourself out of the "slump" and get yourself motivated? I know I need to change this, I am just having a hard time with it.

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/09 11:43 pm - Jacksonville, NC
I too don't think my eating habits are the best.  I rely too much on protein drinks and protein bars.  I don't get in enough water either.  I am exercising though.  I go 5 days a week before work for cardio for 45 mins and then again at lunch for weight training.  There were plenty of days when Iwould  think that I wanted to just stay in bed but I didn't.  Now it has become habit.  I don't even really think about it.  It is like showering or something.  It is just part of my day.  Now if I could just learn to take more time and get in what I need for my vitamines, water and protein.  I will have to work harder on that I guess.  So, I too need to get out of that slump.  I think if I went to nutrition classes, I might do better.  But the classes that are part of the practice I go to are 1.5 hrs away.  They are on weeknights.  I get up so early to work out that the thought of doing that after work and dinner is too much for me.  That is 3 hrs driving plus the time at the meeting. 
mickey3810
on 7/6/09 2:49 am - cedar key, FL
well we all tend to fall into this type of 'rut' just remember why you had the wls.and realize if you dont get back on track you will have to deal with the same stuff you dealt with at your heavy wt. its easy to gain the wt back & i know you dont wanna do that. so maybe my response will help to get you back on track, a freind of mine had this prob & has gained back 50 lbs good luck & i hope all works good
greeneyegurl1980
on 7/12/09 11:36 am - Weirton, WV
I am also noticing a bad pattern starting. I am getting discouraged by the stalls that I am now experiencing all the time. I am also not making the best food choices. I think we all need to step it up and get our butts back on track if we feel like we are falling off.
Before Surgery: 342
Current: 214
Goal: 160
Kristy A.
on 7/17/09 8:29 am - South Burbs, MN
I had a bad PMS carb problem last month that didn't end after my period ended.  I knocked that off and really tried hard to up my protein and POOF the pounds started coming off fast. I have at least 2 protein shakes a day =46g total in addtion to whatever else I eat. I think that's what's making the difference.  Get yourself back on track now. Look at your before pics and your big fat clothes, and remember you don't want all that fat back.

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

klkonrad
on 7/19/09 5:14 am - WI
I'm having the same problems.  My weight loss has slowed to a crawl and it's been really hard to stay motivated.  I'm just getting lazy and I need to get back on track!

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views