Do you see yourself as skinny?

jcheryld
on 7/27/09 11:38 pm
I don't know if my head just hasn't caught up with my body or what, but being constantly told how skinny I am doesn't make me feel it is any more real. Sure, I'm closer to skinny than I was 125lbs ago, but its weird to hear people call me skinny, or say "Are you a size 8 now?" when you know before they would have never said "Are you a size 24 now?" so its just amazing to me... any feedback would be great, thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

addygurl
on 7/29/09 1:08 pm - TX
Girl when I see myself in the mirror I still see the same morbidly obese girl I was before surgery! I hope one day I mind will adjust to this new body.
ADRIANA
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

Tom B.
on 7/31/09 5:24 am - Runnemede, NJ
I have been contemplating(sp) this very thing. I look in the mirror and dont recognize the person there. I don't see my self as thinner, just different, way different in my face. I feel the same inside. I still have somewhat of a gut, so I dont c myself lighter. I am guessing id that ever disappears. I might be able to say that
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
HIgurl
on 8/21/09 6:22 pm
i know wat u mean. i get told that all the time but for some reason i get embarassed more than anything. i kinda liked being invisisble before (not literally of course hehe)..so it feels weird. I am now down to 136lbs but yet my mind still doesnt think that is skinny enought.so weird.
thismomrocks
on 8/25/09 1:33 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
I am mostly the same.  I find myself looking in the glass/reflection when I pass to see how i look.  i am still the same fat person inside, and i'm not used to being different on the outside.

I also find that people are so much more bold, asking me what size I am and how much i have lost.  Never would have happened before.
Ellen

B. Cessna
on 11/3/09 3:54 am - Gettysburg, PA
I feel the same as everyone else, I actually blush when someone calls me 'skinny'! I can see the weight loss, it just doesn't register in my head.

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views