December 15 post-ops. It's time to check in

addygurl
on 8/20/09 6:58 pm - TX
Just wanted to see how all my surgery buddies are doing. What's changed? Better or worse? Share anything you'd like.

Also, how much have you lost since surgery? Are you to goal already?

For some reason I can't get my damn body to lose 100lbs. I've been stuck at 94lbs for 2 months now. I feel very discouraged.
ADRIANA
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

jemma28
on 8/21/09 10:57 pm - Houston, TX
Well, I call myself the resident slow loser on the Dec boards.  I have lost a total of 78 pounds.  I am 2 pounds away from onderland and I swear I don't think I'll ever get there.  I have gotten away from protien shakes but even when I had over 100 gr of protien a day I was a slow loser.  Exercise doesn't change that either.   In the last 2 months I have lost 10 pounds.  I am still a dumper.  Anything over 15 gr of sugar or anything fried and I'm a dead woman.  I have increased my vitamin regimine to include probiotics which I do think help with weightloss.  I take gummy vitamins (adult ones) and chewy bites.  I can't stand the chalky texture of other chewables and pills get stuck still.  I am currently fitting comfortably in a 14 but can get 12's on...it's just not pretty.  Muffin top galore.  I have decided to re-adjust my goal weight to 175.  Anything under that is just gravy.
Jill

addygurl
on 8/23/09 4:38 am - TX
Hey Jill seems like you are doing great!
ADRIANA
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

Sage35
on 8/25/09 9:23 am
Hi,
I had my surgery on 12/2/08. I have lost 90-92 pounds so far. I have been a very slow loser since May. I have lost like 15-20 pounds since May. Don't know what is going on.
I have stopped taking protein shakes. I  am thinking to up my protein intake to maybe 80 grams a day and shock my body somehow. I want to lose another 15 pounds so I can get to onderland. 
I swear I dream about it in my dreams now.
I am stuck at 90 pounds weight loss now for about 2 months now too...
Good luck to us all....Lets be big time losers !!!!
Kristy A.
on 8/26/09 2:54 am - South Burbs, MN
It's so frustrating being so close to those milestones, like 100 pounds lost, or getting under 200.  I've got the 100+ but have been hovering at 204-205 for a few weeks and it sucks!  We'll get there, just have to re-focus I think.  I'd like to get to 170 I think, although my goal is/was 180.  I don't think I'll be happy with that, as I'm still wearing size 18 and XL. I'd like to be a size 12 or so.

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

B. Cessna
on 8/26/09 9:38 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I cant believe the change in everyone, you all look wonderful! I love my RNY! So far I have met most of my goals, the most exciting one was to wear single digit clothes, I actually got in to a 7/8 jeans, what a wow moment !!!! Congrats to all my December buddies!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

erica1979m
on 8/28/09 3:58 am, edited 8/28/09 4:21 am
Hello December losers!    Well I am doing good so far I think.  Not always easy but I am always pushing.   I think our bodies let go whenever they are ready and I can only hope to maintain what I have already lost as gaining is not an option . I don't feel that I am done and I would love to lose more so that I can get to my personal goal (135-145) and my surgeons goal (125).  I am now weighing in at 155 poundsand fitting comfortably in a size 6 jeans/dresses and can fit in size 5/6's w/ stretch (OMG! ).  I am down 123 pounds since surgery and 130 pounds down from my high of 285 last summer.  I'm not at goal yet but I am so close I can taste it.  

Even with that said, I know that I am already way healthier than what I was in Dec.  All of my co-morbidities are gone and I have the energy that my husband, kids, and myself  missed out on for years.  Stalls happen and I found that when I increase my exercise and protein I also drop more.  Also, I switch my exercise regimen up to not let my body get used to different things.   Take care and as always I wish you all the very best.
My goal 135; current 132;  pre-op highest 285; I have lost more than I weigh...  I my RNY! 
Full TT w/ muscle repair  2/14/12 best valentines gift ever!

Megan B.
on 8/28/09 6:39 am - Southgate, MI
Hey everyone.  My RYN was Dec 1st.  As I write this I am just sad.  Nothing is what I thought it would be.  I swore I would never be one of THOSE people that gets the surgery and screws it up and here still I sit screwing it up.  I started at 310.  My highest which was in July was 324 and I am sitting at 225 and have been here or teetering it for about 4 months.  I am into 16s and L/XL shirts but no weight is coming off.  I have a huge fear of going to my one year appointment and having to explain why I am still as much as I was at my 6 month appointment.  I wish I were as strong as you ladies and some fellas.  The will power is gone and after the 3rd month it just stopped "falling" off.  I really want to hit Onederland.  But I am so discouraged because the flab is so bad.  I know if I didn't have the massive amount of flab that I would already be there and be loving it.  I have been really just discusted with myself lately.  I made brownies for the family yesterday and after making myself sick by eating *head hanging down in pure disgust* 4 of them, I threw the whole tray away.  I have no control it seems.  I do not eat nearly as much bread as before.  I mean I might on a bad day eat 2 pieces of bread when before I would eat 2 loaves but that doesn't help me now.  I do not eat ice cream or drink milk as it makes me very sick.  I actually have a paper on the fridge of my NO foods because they make me that ill,,,pop tarts, mil**** cream, sugar over 5 gr, whites, breads, fats, and so forth and yet I eat them and don't know why.  I actually found myself up eatting oreos the other night.  I knew I was doing it.  They were so good.  Then for 2 hours after I slept in the lazyboy with a bowl contemplating if i was going to vomit.  Has anyone else had this I'm pathetic stage hit them in their journey?  Did anyone overcome it?  How????  I need help!!!!

GorgeousIsa
on 8/31/09 12:11 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Hi everyone...I started @ 294 and 5'3"...Was a size 24 and wearing 3x tops...I am now 184.8 which is almost 110 lbs gone...I am wearing a size 12 pants & jeans and I even tried on a size 10 that fit (a little tight though)...I wear large tops and some mediums...My goals for the next few months are to be 180 by 09/16 (My B-Day) and to be at least 164 by my one year which will total 130 lbs gone...Overall my goal weight is 140-150 and no bigger than a size 6/8...I am very satisfied with my progress thus far and I wish everyone the best of luck.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
indykitty
on 11/25/09 12:36 am

I'm a slow loser, and I'm fighting to keep it together because SF icecream can be the devil just like the full sugar kind...

I lost about 90 since surgery so far.  I still have quite a way to go.  I feel a little better knowing I'm no alone in my slow journey.  I had just hoped I would already be at goal by now since my surgeon thought I would lose 100 pounds by the 6 month mark.  It's almost a year now and I'm not there yet, but I am not giving up.  This is the first time I've been in onderland since I was about 23 and I'll be 45 the 20th of December. 

Keep fighting the good fight. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 848 views