December 22 surgery date. Time to check in!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 3:38 am - Jacksonville, NC

I cannot believe how quickly time has passed.  I have to say I feel great but I was a bit idealistic.  I thought I would be farther along than I am by now.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I am happy but still want to lose the rest quickly.  I am afraid that the honeymoon period is almost upon me and I am not at goal weight yet.  I have lost 113 lbs since surgery and 133 lbs since Dec 1.  I am wearing size 12s with an odd 10 or 14 here and there.  I loved buying the 10s.  That was a blast.  I am older than dirt so my skin is looking pretty sad.  I look like a wax figure that someone has taken a blow torch to.  My skin pleats above my knees and between my legs.  UGH.  My arms are a mess.  But, I am happy and healthy!  I feel great!  How is everyone else doing?
charlene1
on 8/25/09 9:23 am - Wilmington, NC
Just noticed you and I were about the same starting weight before surgery.  I'm hoping I'll be as fortunate as you to loose 133 lbs in what, almost 9 months.  Your doing great and the weight loss may slow down some but hang in there!  I'm not as young as I use to be either and the skin just isn't going to spring back like it use to.  I'm going to be right there with sagging arms, knees and legs.  Oh did I mention the little stomach over hang?  I guess that's the trade off, skin vs. health.  I'll take health. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 9:30 am - Jacksonville, NC
It does make me wonder why I waited so long before doing it.  I really only started thinking about it a yr or so before the surgery.  I thought it would never be something that my insurance would cover so I didn't even look into it for a real long time.  I am soooo glad I did it. 
Kristy A.
on 8/26/09 2:51 am - South Burbs, MN
I had to laugh at this one "skin pleats."  Great description!   I want to lose the rest of mine quickly too. Have lost 104 since surgery on 12/11.  The last month I've lost 4 pounds, it's very frustrating!
You're doing great, and how cool to wear size 10.  I'm still in 18s mostly, XL tops, but I tend to wear things alittle baggy still most of the time.  Keep up the good work, and you'll get to goal!

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Julie G.
on 9/6/09 11:19 pm
First... I totally apologize for replying to Kristy on Sandra's post.. .. but I"m still too lazy to go find Kristy's!!  LOL   You look awesome!! You have come so far.  Just wanted to put that out there!  Keep up the good work!

Julie G.
on 9/6/09 11:19 pm
I have to say that I thought of you a couple weeks ago when I got on the scale, with clothes on, and it was below 200!!!  I kept thinking of your post with your clothes on and a "5 oz. cell phone".  I was so jealous then and was SO excited to be there with you when it finally happened for me!

I'm also a 12/22 surgery date but have only lost 81 pounds so far.  I know that's still great and much of it is my fault.  I've still not gotten into a good exercise regime and I've discovered (sadly so) that I can tolerate some sugar.  So.. I am not making the best choices all the time.  I'm still nowhere near where I was and never plan to be again.. but have to admit that I have had some items that are not lending themselves to weight loss!

My doctor set a goal for me of 180 by the time I see him at my 1 year check.  That's still another 11 pounds away and for a while (like three + months where my scale did NOT BUDGE!) I thought that I'd never, ever make that mini-goal.  However, now it is looking like it might actually be in reach.  The scale has started moving again (albeit slowly) over the past couple of weeks.  I'm down about 6 pounds since the beginning of August.  So, I think that even if i stay at that rate... it'll come of by  my Dec. appt.!!!

I totally cracked up at your "skin pleats" and "blow torch" to wax.  You're freakin' hysterical!  I didn't think the hanging skin would bother me at all as I entered this journey.  However, I'm finding that it really does.  So.. now I'm trying to figure out how to pay for the arms and TT surgery after I'm totally done losing and leveled out.  Maybe by then it won't matter anymore.  :-)

In any case.. I'm so excited to hear about all of your successes!!!  Don't get down about the rate of your loss.  Our bodies had that excess weight for so long it's likely thinking it's losing an old friend and not wanting to give it up so easily.  This is a battle we will win eventually!!!  Your 113 pounds in 9 months is FAN-freakin-TASTIC!!!  Keep up the amazing work!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/09 6:55 am - Jacksonville, NC
I lost 5 lbs over the holiday weekend.  How odd is that?  I drove 10 hrs to PA and visited with friends and family.  I was not home to eat what I normally eat.  I had bread etc.  I had an alcoholic drink and some delicious dip.  Over that 5 day time period, I lost 5 lbs.  Hmmm.  Makes me wonder why I try to do things correctly....  Maybe my body just needed to be shook up.  I didn't even go to the gym.  It was hard getting back into it this week.  But I went.  yay for me.  heh heh
Julie G.
on 9/11/09 10:23 pm
I completely agree that sometimes we need to just shake it all up.  I am still so frustrated at my slooooooooowwwww loss.  I hate to think that I'm where I'm going to end up, 30 pounds from MY goal and 50 from my doctor's!  But... the reasons I went into this were for my health.  I'm off all the meds and can do without the CPAP but, for some weird reason, I find it comforting to still use.  I'm down to the size I said I wanted to achieve (14) and feel great.  So, all in all... a true success.  I guess I'm jealous of you all who are doing so phenomenally well!  Though, i do know, in my head, that we are all different and lose at our own weights.  It may be that I wont' lose anymore.  As long as I don't gain back what I lost, I guess I'm okay with t hat!!!

I'm glad you got back into the swing of things.  I'm still trying to figure out an exercise schedule for me.
  AArrgh! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/09 1:20 am - Jacksonville, NC
Don't be jealous.  It is a useless feeling. Besides, we all have our own problems.  I am 61 yrs old and although I have been fairly lucky with my facial wrinkles, my body has not been so lucky.  I sag and bag and fear it will get no better because of my age.  I feel hideous naked.  I look like I am 75 yrs old.  I know because that is my mother;s age.  I worked in a nursing home when I was young and I remember seeing 85 yr old women with better skin tone than mine.  It is disheartening.
I do work hard for all of the lbs I lose.  I go to the gym 5 days a week and mostly twice a day.  I do cardio in the am before work and go back later to do weight training.  I have been doing this for months and months.  I can't say that I am able to run marathons like some do.  But, I do try to increase my distance and speed while on the machines as well as increase reps and weights while lifting. 
You are doing fine.  A 14 is a good size.  You may be a bit bigger boned than I am.  I am 5'3" and have a fairly sm frame.  I have 6 lbs to go before I am in the overweight category.  My BMI still says I am obese.  I wear a size 10/12 and they say I am obese.  Weird, huh?  I have far to go yet still.  Don't compare because I know we are different.  don't make yourself nuts.  Just rejoice in what you have done and how good you feel.  You have done a great thing for yourself.
JenniferC
on 9/26/09 3:11 am - bangor, ME
Hey all...Congrats to all of you! It sounds like everyone is doing great!  I had surgery on Dec22..and I am down 144 since surgery and 164 since 2 weeks before surgery...I still have about 40 to go to my surgeons goal!...It has gone by so fast~
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTPetQz/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTPetQz/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark