10 month Check in

Stacey M.
on 10/6/09 6:35 am - Fargo, ND
Well it has been 10 months since I had RNY.  So far I am down 137 pounds and am feeling really good and so much healthier!  I recently hit a stall and have not been losing much the last few weeks which can be discouraging at times but I am trying to stay positive and not let it get me down.  I have been straying from the foods that I should be eating because I am such a picky eater and get sick of tuna and chicken.  I also have been craving salty foods and that has caused me to retain more water then usual.  But overall I am very happy and proud of myself!  I have had several WOW moments like a male co-worker telling me this morning that I am looking very nice, and it was not a creepy, weird comment, he truly meant it in a good way!  I have about 38 pounds to go to get to my original goal but that goal may change when I get there!  Who knows what is possible now!?!  How is everyone else doing?
jcheryld
on 10/6/09 6:50 am
I am so glad to see a post on the December boards! It has been awhile but it feels good to be posting. I won't hit my 10 month mar****il the 30th, but so far I have lost 138lbs and I feel FABULOUS! Definitely felt a little slowing in the weight loss since I've been dealing with major stress, but I've been back on the wagon for a week and feeling better about seeing the scale move. I also get sick of eating the same things, get sick of chicken getting stuck so sometimes I go back to eating soft proteins like beans, eggs, and cheese to make sure I am getting it in. On a positive note, I am getting compliments all the time.... people at work approaching me asking me how I did it, and I've actually inspired 2 co-workers to pursue WLS themselves so that feels good! To have people in my life tell me that they don't recognize me, or that I'm skinny, its weird but a good weird!

I'm excited to hear from the rest of the December folks! Is anyone planning to wear a hot Halloween costume this year???
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

antsissy1
on 10/18/09 12:45 pm - FL
Cheryl,

How did you get your century club card?  I can't find anything.

Thanks,

Christine

jcheryld
on 10/19/09 11:55 am
Christine,
I think I just cut and pasted a blank one I saw on someone's profile, added text, and voila!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

mcox
on 10/6/09 11:28 pm

Friday will be my 10 month anniversary....I am down 130 lbs and 10 lbs from goal....so I feel really good.  I can't beleive how wonderful this journey has been.  It's had it's ups and downs with comments that some folks have made...but I know in my heart that I have made the best decision for myself and my family and I am at peace with it.  I also thank God everyday for this opportunity he placed before me.  I am very thankful for my RNY!

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/09 3:35 am - Jacksonville, NC
My surgery date is the 22nd and I am very happy and grateful that I had my RNY.  I have lost 145 lbs and I feel wonderful.  People I may not have seen in awhile will come into my office and ask where the womean who used to work here went.   I tell them thet I have been in this office for 4 yrs and actually have to show some of them pictures of me before they realize that I am the same person. 
I am losing weight very slowly now.  I have about 25 lbs until goal.  Yippee!
moniquefrederick
on 10/8/09 8:52 am - DE
Congrats to u on your loss.You are doing amazing. Congrats to all my Dec peeps you all look great!!
antsissy1
on 10/8/09 10:53 am - FL
Hi everyone,

My 10 months was October 4.  I am down 104 pounds and am feeling good.  I have about 20 pounds to go but I am struggling a little.  I have to get back on track.  It's like I lose 5 pounds then I play a little with my food and stay the same for the next month.  I haven't gained anything but I seem to have found the knack of maintaining.  It is a good thing we have done.  I hope all is weal.

GorgeousIsa
on 10/13/09 3:27 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Hey Everyone...I will be 10 months on 10/15 and I am down 120 lbs with about 24 lbs to go...My goal is 150 and I am currently 174...I am wearing a size 10 and enjoying it so much...I am pushing hard astarting Thursday so that I can reach my goal...You all are doing great...Keep up the good work.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
B. Cessna
on 10/22/09 10:32 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I was ten months on the 15th. I am down 135 lbs. I actually got in to a size 6 pants on Sunday . I have 13 lbs to go to my goal. I feel great, I love my rny!!!!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views