How's come I can eat so much?

spazzdak
on 12/27/09 1:48 am
I thought I was only going to have room for 1 oz. I can eat an 8 oz. yogurt and it doesn't hurt. I ate 2 oz. turkey, 1 oz. mashed potatoes and 1 oz. squash for dinner last night. No pain. I never felt hungry nor full before surgery and I still feel the same now.

While I was in the hospital, I ate one popsicle and that KILLED my stomach!!! But, they said my new stomach was swolen and I probably ate it too fast. I also wonder if it was sugar free. I was in pain for 12 hours!

I don't have any problems with any foods so far except cold foods and beverages...they have to be room temp.

Anyway, I just wondered what other people are experiencing 2.5 weeks out from your surgery. I thought I'd have much less room. I don't eat a ton, but 8 oz. yogurt??? I expected to be done half way thru if not sooner?!?!

What and how much are you eating?

"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

SherryA
on 12/27/09 4:25 am
Hi, I may not be a lot of help.  My surgery is tomorrow.  They told me that I would et 2oz 5-6 times a day for the next year.  It is my job to make sure I don't eat more.  I know from the boards that you don't always have a sensation of fullness this early out or ever in some cases.  I would be extremey careful with eating such large amounts because you could hurt yourself.  I wish you the best on your success.
Treasa B.
on 12/28/09 1:37 pm - Forest, OH
What surgery did you have? A friend of mine had the gastric bypass and he can only eat about 10 Cheesepuffs. I don't know how much that is, but he tells me that is usually what he eats. This is still about 3 months after surgery. However, he can drink about a half-gallon of water a day now.
~*~Treasa~*~
mushsbat
on 12/29/09 8:33 am - Franklinton, NC
 I am almost 2 weeks out and I've never had pain or anything like ppl talk about on here.  I get full easily at around 7 ozs of anything.  I moved to mushys on my own.  I get confused I think from reading too much on sites.  However, from what I understand you will start out not wanting to eat much then you'll get hungry for a few weeks.  Then around 6 weeks you get a fill that will help with the hunger.  I hope my fill comes soon b/c I can't eat much during the day but at night I get very hungry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 899 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 908 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1111 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1038 views