returning to work

Hope010511
on 12/31/10 2:49 am - PA
Hello all,
i am new to this forum, and am sceduled for RNY _lap surgery on Jan 5th. Can anyone tell me how quickly they felt ready to return to work and give me tips on getting in poteins and liquids easily with a hectic schedule? I am scheduled to return to work 2 weeks post-op
Stephaniemichellesmi
th

on 12/31/10 5:49 am - TX
It really depends on what kind of job you have to go back to...if it is a sit down job and you are proceeding well...you could theoretically go back a week out...at two weeks you should be okay...again if it is a primarily nonlabor intensive type job.  Proteins can best be done via a shake (it counts as your liquid too).  The one thing you really need to do for yourself if you have a hectic schedule is to plan your "meals" in advance. 

Hope010511
on 1/2/11 6:04 am - PA
Thanks for the info. I have a mostly sedentary job, bur no real breaks. You are right about plannig for meals ahead of time. That will be something new for me to get used to.
elaynew
on 1/3/11 11:38 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
My surgeon wrote me out for a month. I was feeling well enough to go back after 2 weeks but I knew that i was still healing so I was going to wait 3 (since it was a short week anyway with NYE) but I decided last minute to take the extra week. I do have a sedentary job but I do have set breaks that I can work with. Good luck!
Hope010511
on 1/4/11 6:09 am - PA
Thank you! It sounds like you had surgery revently. Good luck to you as you move forward on this wonderful journey
PhillyBud
on 1/8/11 9:57 am - PA
My surgery was on 12/20/10.

I plan on returning to work on 01/20/11.
mcfardee
on 1/9/11 8:28 am - OH
I had a revision on 12/27/10. I am returning to work on Jan 17th. I have a desk job. I will be packing a lunch and lots of liquids so that I can continue what I've been doing at home. I'm a little nervous about it but don't want to stay gone too long. My co-workers said that they will support me and remind me to drink my fluids. It's easy to forget.

elaynew
on 1/10/11 11:33 am - Mohegan Lake, NY
I returned to work today. I had surgery 12/9 so it was pretty much 1 month. I do have a desk job so I packed everything up for lunch (and dinner since I work a late shift). I was pretty ok. I made it thru the day and I will return tomorrow lol.
laurennj38
on 1/12/11 3:23 am
I had surgery on 12/20, and had planned to go back to work at 2 weeks, but needed another week.  I went back on Monday feeling great!  However, I did too much and felt awful yesterday.  Thankfully, I have a snow day today, but I wouldn't have been able to make it in if we didn't get snow.

Take it SLOWLY.  My mistake was going back on a high that I looked better and everyone was happy to see me.  I did too much physically and now I am paying.  Take care of yourself first!
Most Active
Recent Topics