How did everyone fair in the storms yesterday?

Kim S.
on 4/28/11 3:40 am - Helena, AL
My family and our property were spared.  It was a very scary day indeed.  My staff is accounted for, and several of them had damage of differing degrees.  We all know one or more people that lost everything.  Please pray for those that are dealing with recovering from this devastation.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Hilary P.
on 4/29/11 1:24 am - Decatur, AL
My family is ok but i know so many people who lost everything Makes my heart break. A few people i work with have lost their homes as well as cars but are alive!!
mspisces
on 4/30/11 4:53 am - Somewhere, AL
Does anyone know if Elle Felts and her family are ok. I knew she had moved a few years ago to the Alberta City area very close to the very hard hit area down from the shopping centers and Rite Aide. If anyone knows anything or she herself can send me and email I will be releived. Thanks in advance Irish Fowler aka Ms Pisces.
Elle Felts
on 4/30/11 9:03 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Irish, we are all okay.  We moved from that area 2 years ago.  We finally got through the area over there this morning to take a look at that house we lived in.  The house is still standing but most everything around it is GONE.  There is a tree down on the house but looks as if it will be repairable, but then again, I'm no expert on that matter either.  I am just devastated at the utter distruction of that massive tornado and thank the good Lord above for sparing our lives.  Please let me know how you are doing, as well.

Elle

mspisces
on 5/1/11 3:45 am - Somewhere, AL
My family and I are doing ok and well. Did not know you had moved but so glad you are ok and family. God is good and praying has been stepped up for me for sure. Hope all on the board is ok and doing well. God Bless all!!

Irish
Kay L.
on 5/5/11 2:04 am - N., AL
So glad you're ok Loretta! I had been wondering about you but don't have your # anymore.
trouble256
on 5/3/11 12:51 pm - Athens, AL
sadly our area wa**** very hard. luckily I had no damage. about a mile down the road was completely wiped out! for the last two days, my family and I have been cooking hot dinners for everyone who lost everything.  chruches arent responding out in this area cause things were so hardcore in tuscaloosa. (dont get me wrong, they were hit hard but the same tornado hit here) 

I visited 3 neighborhoods today, they were pretty good sized sub divisions, at least 60 houses.  All demolished.  It breaks my heart to see these people and talk to them.

One family in particular - could use all of our prayers - they are 79 & 80 yr old couple, have no family, no help to clean up, their pastor came out to pray with them, but offered no food, no help and no support. They told me the story of how they hadnt eaten, I promised I would personally feed them until they are back on their feet.  I have taken them food for every meal. I wish I could do more. Because Im pregnant, I wont risk the baby and myself to go into their home, as it is falling to pieces and the other things they need help with are moving heavy sheet metal out of trees, etc. I called my church and asked them if they had spare folks if they could send them out tomorrow. Luckily we have a few volunteers to spare!

I also donated 4 cases of diapers and a huge box of baby items (soap, wipes, butt paste etc) but there is stil a heavy need for towels, soap, underware, toothbrush/paste, sunscreen, tarps, canned food and openers,  etc. If you or anyone you know would like to donate, and dont know how to get it to the affected area, I would be more than happy to deliver on your behalf. Please contact me via email, as internet is kinda in and out. [email protected] or feel free to txt/call my cell 256-431-9567
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Hilary P.
on 5/4/11 12:19 am - Decatur, AL
 Let me just agree with everything you just said. I live in priceville but have family in athens and all the people are going to Tuscaloosa when help is needed in their own areas. Its just very sad. So thank you for doing your part in helping!!!
trouble256
on 5/4/11 2:03 am - Athens, AL
This is where I grew up, my friends, neighbors, and family....

There is nothing out there I wouldnt do for them!!  
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Kay L.
on 5/5/11 2:03 am - N., AL
I usually just check in here now and then and wanted to see how everybody fared in the storm as well. I have been working disaster relief in Limestone County since the storm**** I'm sorry everybody is not informed of the help being offered by the churches in the Athens/Limestone area, but here are just a few:

First Baptist Church, Tanner, Hwy 31 - disaster relief supplies of ALL types available including food, water, clothing for all, baby supplies, cleaning supplies, first aid, school supplies, toiletries

Clements Baptist Church - hot showers

First Baptist Church of Athens - disaster relief supplies much like Tanner - and Red Cross designated shelter

Central Church of Christ, 320 Highway 31 N (just north of Athens high School). Tornado victims can ge****er, food, hygiene kits, and paper towels, etc

Lindsay Lane Baptist Church serving hot meals 12-2 and 5-7

Capshaw Baptist (East Limestone) is a response Station for the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Team. Teams are available for damage repair. Also receive & distribute donations of diapers, wipes, other baby essentials as well as non-perishable food

In addition to this, I know HUNDREDS of church members who have been working to exhaustion, clearing debris, helping find personal effects and packing things up.
  Kay 

Most Active