Two years ago.....

Kim S.
on 5/3/11 8:52 am - Helena, AL
On May 1, 2009 I turned 44 years old AND had RNY surgery.  I was 324 lbs and I was ready to commit to the changes needed to turn my life around.  I had a great job, and a wonderful husband and family, and it was time to ensure that I could have the best shot at a long healthy life.  After all, I was ONLY 44 and already didn't have my parents--both died young of OBESITY RELATED DISEASES.

Flash forward to May 2011.  I now weigh 155 lbs and have for an entire year now.  I've NEVER gone an entire year at the same weight!  I am more physically fit now that I have ever been in my entire life.  I have tons of energy and stamina and can do things I only dreamed of.  I pinch myself every time I put on my size 6 jeans!

Technically, I'm overweight.....by 5 lbs.  SO WHAT!!  I am no longer obese and I can live happily with "overweight"! 

There are many days that I feel like I've got the obesity "beat", but then I remember I'll always be obese, just in remission!  I know that if I let my guard down and get sloppy or lazy, the lbs will creep back on. 

I continue to rely on you, my WLS friends, to keep my grounded and keep me on course.  I could not have done this without you!!

Kim

Leslie M.
on 5/3/11 10:02 am - AL
That is a wonderful testimony.  You have done a great job!

Leslie
Most Active