Day 2

Lisa M.
on 2/26/12 7:27 am - Delano, TN
Okay, so this is day 2 of my return to the plan.  Believe me for whatever reason I am worried about next week.  I work long hours with no lunch break.  We eat a sandwich bite between patients and although I use whole wheat...I still managed to pack on the pounds.  So I have to figure out lunch over the next week that I can pack and snack.  No prep while at work.  Any ideas?  I am cooking chicken breasts now, not a real fan of chicken salad.
Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Louise A.
on 2/26/12 10:34 am - Anniston, AL
Lisa maybe some one will come by and can help you out.   Being that I am out of the work force I just have no idea.    That is the pits that you can't sit down for 30 minutes for a break.  When I was nursing it always ticked me off that we couldn't take a break but yet the smokers could get a break.     Glad to see that you had a good day.    I think I had a good day,   no junk what so ever.  We Can Do This!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim S.
on 2/26/12 10:59 pm - Helena, AL
Hey Lisa!  Are you tracking your food?  Whole wheat bread is not the enemy....there is something else that is packing calories and you need to find it so you can limit it....or maybe it is a combination of metabolism slowing down, lack of exercise....there are many factors.

I just started tracking my food again because I gained 4 lbs.  I THOUGHT I was doing good (I was eating all healthy stuff) but I was still getting close to 2,000 calories per day....and I haven't been running as much due to the cold weather....so I've had to go back to logging my food and eating 1,600-1,800 calories per day AND making sure I get my workout in.

Have you tried the FlatOut wraps?  They are whole grain, have protein and are only 100 calories for a wrap....you can put anything in it and eat it on the go.  Also, I grill a batch of chicken every weekend and eat a grilled breast every day....low calories and 53 grams of protein...I just pull of a chunk when I'm hungry.  You could pack a wrap, some strawberries and a couple dill pickles.  Another day you could pack some chunk cheese and lo fat Ritz crackers and some apple slices or a banana.  The dill pickles are low calorie and really help with cravings.

You can do it!  We are here for you.

Kim

Lisa M.
on 2/27/12 5:37 am - Delano, TN
Hi Kim,

Yes!  WooooHooo!  I love the food tracker widget thingy.  But, only since I started back on track Saturday.  I don't feel like the bread is the main culprit, just a lot of bad habits altogether.  One of the things is trying to wolf down that sandwich and run in and out of rooms and I was washing it down with a diet soda and snacking and no****ching what I was doing! 

Thank you for those suggestions, gotta love dill pickles, I love the midgets that are packed with Texas Pete hot sauce.....

Thank you again for the support.  I LOVED my size 10's and I'm moving down the scale again.

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Leslie M.
on 2/27/12 9:40 am - AL
I also like to bring packs of tuna, protein bars, bags of nuts, and pnut butter and crackers to work with me.  I can eat those on the go very easily.

Whole fruits, cheese, and the frozen bags of Edamame are also fast and good.

Have started adding in more water at work and I bring my own (very cute and bright) water bottle!

I eat on the go at work all the time.  Makes me feel like a grazer but I have learned that I eat when I can and I eat when I know I should.....even if that means I tell a coworker that I have diahrea and I will be in the restroom for a bit.....I know....eating in a bathroom isn't ideal!   LOL  But.......take care of yourself no matter where you are!

Good luck!

Leslie
Most Active