Doing WELL!

Lisa M.
on 2/28/12 8:49 am - Delano, TN
I must admit that I was really nervous about how my mind and body would respond to my drastic cutbacks.  I was sure that I would be HUNGRY!  So far I have had one episode of hunger and I think it was more in the head.  I LOVE jelly BEANS..love em!  Well, the float nurse in clinic today brought in none other than JELLY BEANS!  I could literally taste them, that's how bad I wanted those sugary little demons.  My will overcame and I managed to not eat EVEN ONE!  I was so proud of that little step.  I weighed this morning and I went from 183 on saturday to 177 today.  Every day my calories have been less than 800 and most of that was protein.  So I feel like I'm doing good.  I'm drinking my water, and logging my food.  Now I simply have to motivate myself to move.  That's where I am today.  Let's see how the next few days go!

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Kim S.
on 2/28/12 10:51 pm - Helena, AL
You are off to a good start...but please don't leave your calories that low!  It isn't healthy, and it will work against your metabolism.  Please get up to 1,200-minimum.

Hang in there, and I know what you mean about Jelly Beans....one of my faves!!!  And here we are in Easter candy season!!!!!   UUUGGGGHHHH!

Kim

Lisa M.
on 2/29/12 6:57 am - Delano, TN
My plan is two weeks @ 800 calories daily then 2 weeks at 1000 then 1200.  My reasoning is that the first month post-op I barely consumed 500 calories a day.  I even added a protein supplement to increase calories and when I returned Dr. Sherer told me to stop the supplement's, as I progressed out I would be able to consume more calories.  So I am currently trying to reset my mind as well as shrink my pouch.  The mind is more of my battle.  I see it therefore I want to eat it...lol.
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Kim S.
on 3/1/12 12:40 am - Helena, AL
Good ole Dr. Sherer!  I just adore him!  He is one of the few out there that do not subscribe to the protein supplements....he said "you can get what you need from food".

I'm glad you aren't going to "starve" yourself!  This progression should be good for hitting the reset button in the brain!

You can do it!!  come play with us often and we'll get you through it!

Most Active