ZEAL

Lisa M.
on 2/29/12 7:31 pm, edited 2/29/12 7:35 pm - Delano, TN
I recently heard a message about Zeal..  The thing you are "zealous" about is what you will do; no matter what!  Zeal is a passion.  I remember in 2003 when I was doing everything I could to get this surgery. every day I was working towards it.  I would call the insurance company and the doctors office and I would research here and there.  I was on this board every opportunity.  I would pour over the success stories and just knew that someday I would be one.  I WAS ZEALOUS!  I had the tenacity of a bulldog!  I was fed up with being the FAT GIRL!  That is  all it really takes ... WE MUST BE PASSIONATE about this!  WE HAVE TO FIGHT for this!  You had a weight Gain?  OKAY get determined, lose it!  I truly thank the Lord for this tool.  I am determined to complete my goal over the course of the next 6 months.  It's not impossible and it's not a bit harder than it was 8 years ago.

Don't give up, don't give in!  BE ZEALOUS!!!!

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Kim S.
on 3/1/12 12:43 am - Helena, AL
So true!  I guess I have an ongoing zeal because I just feel so darn good!  I truly do love the new lifestyle.  I do have to occasionally "rein" myself in with the eating of sweets....I can eat them, and I love them, and I will get to where I have something every day...and then I have to go cold turkey and cut them out!!

I'm in a "cutting them out" phase right now...and I feel better.  Now, if this weather will cooperate so I can get outside and run more......I do love running..........NEVER thought those words would come out of my mouth!!

Have a blessed day!

Kim

Leslie M.
on 3/4/12 3:48 am - AL
Very true!  It's all in the attitude!

Leslie
melissa L.
on 3/17/12 9:03 am - somerville, AL
your right. Im trying to get back my zeal right now. I have had some weight gain and decided i needed to go back to the beginning . Got back on obesity help, bought myself some protein, joined a gym. Quit the cookies. I can do this!
Kim S.
on 3/19/12 12:38 am - Helena, AL
Yes, you can!  And we are here to help!

I think as time goes on we like to think we are "normal", but in reality, we are always obese, just in remission.  We can never do what "everyone" else does.  We have to work harder, for the same results.

Have you read this?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope- fat-trap.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Great article that kind of puts it in perspective.

Remember to make your needs a priority.  Yes, you do have time to plan good, healthy meals, and yes, you do have time to exercise.  DO NOT LET LIFE GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR NEEDS!

You are worth the extra effort.

Hugs-Kim

Most Active