Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Area

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/12 5:21 am
RNY on 06/20/12
Just looking for someone from those area, or surrounding area in Alabama
well I will be going for my EDG Testing 31st of this month. and will be scheduling Surgery
the same day.  would like some pointers. if anyone had already had there surgery.
i'm buying what i need for after i go home from the hospital. (any suggestions) on soups all the liquid stuff.

Kay L.
on 5/22/12 6:14 am, edited 5/22/12 6:15 am - N., AL
Congrats on being so close to getting your surgery scheduled. Hope all goes well. Let me caution you about buying up a lot of items to "eat" or "drink" after surgery. Your tastes will change quite a bit for at least a while. Just buy enough to get you by the first week or so and see what works best for you within the list your doctor gives you. Also, the RNY forum here is real active and you might want to post over there too.

The most important thing is to follow your doctor's plan. Walk alot after your surgery, sip, sip, and sip some more. Concentrate on getting in your protein and vitamins and as soon as you feel like it, start exercising. This is the time to CHANGE YOUR HABITS. If you don't do that, you will gain the weight back. This is not a magic bullet. It is a tool to get you to a manageable weight and then it's all up to you.
Leslie M.
on 5/22/12 9:35 am - AL
Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery!  I know this is an exciting time for you!

Leslie
Kim S.
on 5/23/12 6:35 am - Helena, AL

Best wishes on your journey, and what Kay said!

We are here if you need us.

Most Active