WW

jwbtenor
on 6/28/12 5:48 pm - York, AL
Any of you oldies used Weigh****chers to get back on track? keep us on point, or to maintain weight loss?  I am so ashamed of how much I have regained after a 262lb weight loss.  I cannot face my bariatric surgeon.  I feel like I am on this alone.  Been looking into the 5 Day Pouch Test.  Have any of you others had a weight gain and got it back on track?  The tool still works - I will go into dumping syndrome in a heartbeat if I have too much fat or sugar.  I need to stop drinking with meals.  Eat my protein FIRST.  Sip water all day.  Chew, chew, chew.  I know what to do.  Why can't I stick to it?  Just about in despair...
Louise A.
on 6/29/12 12:19 am - Anniston, AL
John as some who is almost 9 years out,  it gets harder the further out you are.  Get back to the basics and make the protein first and formost.   Make sure you are getting half your weight of water.   I found that if I buy bottled water I can drink it better.    Quit drinking 30 min before your meal and wait 30 minutes after.   Cut out all the empty calories.    I have read that you would lose on the 5 day pouch test and it would get you back on track.    I wish there was a simple fix for the regain.  In the end we have to become more active our bodies become accustomed to our 1000 calories a day.   Best of luck  you can do it.
Leslie M.
on 6/29/12 9:31 am - AL
Stick to the basics.  You said you know what to do.  Don't be ashamed.  Go see your Dr. and Nutritionist.  They are there for support!

Do you have a friend or family member that can provide you some daily support?  Someone to check in with ? 

You can alwayd do the daily accountability posts on this board!
Just don't give up and nip it in the bud before you let yourself continue to re-gain.

Good luck!

Leslie
Kim S.
on 7/2/12 12:10 am - Helena, AL
I imagine WW could be useful in that you have a "plan" and support from the meetings.  The 5 day pouch test is just a fad diet.  Period.

First and foremost, DO NOT feel shame because you had a regain.  The potential is there for EVERYONE to regain-if we do not alter our lifestyle FOREVER.  Please see your surgeon to ensure your plumbing is in tact and in good order.  Once you know that all is well on the insides, then you have to find a way to get your head in the game.  It really is simple-burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight.  I said SIMPLE-NOT EASY.  You must find ways to move your body.  Then you have to find dense protein foods that will keep you full.  One of the guaranteed ways to regain weight is to drink with meals.  You need to stop this immediately.  Also, wait at least 1 hour after you eat before you start drinking.

I recommend the following:

1) Begin tracking everything you put into your mouth.  You can do that here on OH in the Health Tracker or on Myfitnesspal.com.

2) Determine your RMR http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

3) Set your daily caloric level at your RMR - 500.  This will set you up to lose 1 lb per week, which is the safest level to shoot for AND it will give you enough food so you don't feel deprived.

4) Make 100-120 grams of protein per day your goal.  I eat a 6-7 oz grilled chicken breast every single day.  That alone is 53 grams of protein, and it is real food so I feel full.

5) Eat 6-7 small meals each day.  This will keep your blood sugar level and will keep you feeling full. DO NOT DRINK WITH MEALS AND WAIT 1 HOUR AFTER A MEAL TO RESUME DRINKING.

6) Exercise.  Everyday.  At least 30 minutes.  If your heartrate is up and you are sweating, you are good.

7)  Follow the rules of your surgery.  Do not drink with meals and do not drink for at least 30-60 minutes afterward.  Limit simple carbs and sugar, but don't completely eliminate them.  If you do, you'll feel deprived, and we all know how well that has worked for us in the past.......

8)  Come here for support.  We are here for you.

We are here for you.  Please come here for support.  I wish you the best as you get back on track.

jwbtenor
on 7/21/12 12:19 pm - York, AL
Thanks you guys that replied.  You are right.  I CAN do it!  I know where I'm going wrong and my WLS Tool still works just fine.  Away with the slider foods and empty calories!!!!
Most Active