Recent Posts

Kellectible
on 7/2/09 7:23 am - Jacksonville, AR
Topic: Happy 4th!!
I know it's a little bit early, but some folks start their holiday tomorrow.  (Not me)
So hope everyone has a terrific 4thsmilie

Kelley

Kellectible
on 7/2/09 7:12 am - Jacksonville, AR
Topic: RE: Heat!!!!
Yes it's been hot..but seems like it's cooled way down from last week.  You take good care with your breathing issues. 

Kelley

horselady71742
on 7/2/09 12:42 am - Fordyce, AR
Topic: Heat!!!!
Just wanted to say, IM TIRED OF THE HOT WEATHER!!!  Hope all is well with everyone.  This weather is bout to get the best of me.  Having to be careful of my breathing not to end up in the hospital.

Everyone stay safe, drink lots and have fun.

Hugs,
Rhonda D.
purr-snickity
on 7/1/09 12:21 pm - Jacksonville, AR
Topic: RE: New, waiting, nervious, excited, questions....
Thank you Susan!

I will probably be there July 9. I got my surgery date today of July 17.

If nothing else it'll probably help calm my nerves.

I kinda thought that might be the case with the sodium. Old habits die hard & those numbers tend to jump out at me.

See you next week!

ljc   >^..^<
susandoeshair
on 6/30/09 8:09 pm - Alexander, AR
Yes, the meeting is the 9th, but at 6:00-7:30.  Post ops meet in the doctor's dining room in the far right hand corner of the cafeteria.

60 grams of protein is a good START. Most of us do much more than that.

IMO sodium content isn't really much of a factor IF you get in all of your fluids. After all, a soups sodium content is based on a serving, which is usually a cup or so. Remember, you'll be measuring in TABLESPOONS!!!  So, I wouldn't worry about that. Protein is the single most important thing to consider early out.

Susan

purr-snickity
on 6/30/09 4:40 pm - Jacksonville, AR
The meeting is Thurs., July 9th? Same place? 5:00pm?

I may come. I'd like to. I hate to miss water aerobics though. I've been doing the Mon - Thurs evening classes. But maybe I'll make it up by going to the Fri morning class.   :-)

O... & I ordered a blender ball shaker today that the 1st reply mentioned. I'm sure I'll use it on the truck if not before.

I've been following some of the suggested links / sites for protein shakes, soups, & etc (window shopping). The numbers don't look too bad, but a soup I just looked at seemed like the sodium was awful high. I will look through my paper work they gave me between now & the meeting for max & min amounts & will probably have some questions if I do make the meeting. I remember it saying 60g of protein per day but that's all that seems to have stuck with me so far.

Thanks for the invite. I would have gone to the pre op meeting otherwise.

ljc   >^..^<

Kellectible
on 6/30/09 7:42 am - Jacksonville, AR
Topic: RE: Next support group meeting----Clothing Exchange!!
I will get some things together for the meeting.  I'm ready for it!

Kelley

susandoeshair
on 6/29/09 8:58 pm - Alexander, AR
Topic: RE: Little Rock doctors?
I'd call around. Dr's  Gibbs, Fuller and Baker all do them at Baptist, a Center for Excellence in Bariatric surgery. Have you considered a loan through Care Credit or Capitol One?  Google/Yahoo loans for health care and you might be surprised.

Price is only a small part of who you choose to do your surgery. It is your health and you deserve the best!

Susan

susandoeshair
on 6/29/09 7:57 pm - Alexander, AR
I'm sure I remember you, too.  Since you've already been to the pre-op meeting, you're more than welcome to come to the post op meeting. You'll find one pre-op meeting is MORE than enough....LOL

Our meetings tend to be more "user friendly" to WLS. We're in the trenches, so to speak, day in and day out.

We'll be happy to see you again!

Susan

purr-snickity
on 6/29/09 1:14 pm - Jacksonville, AR
Hello,

I didn't even notice the font. But I'm glad you mentioned it. :)

I wouldn't have guessed the chili & pintos would be high protein & "low" fat from Wendy's & Taco Bell. Great to know... I like both & both are common in the truck stops. Never tried turkey pepperoni. Probably a lot of new things I'll be trying in the coming months. I'm hoping to replace the cottage cheese & plain yogurt though.

The bad thing about driving for so many hours, every day is it's soooo easy to "snack" and the lack of exercise. I'm planning to use the time I use to stop & eat, to stop & walk. I may have to start keeping a cup of ice at hand to chew on (besides all the sipping).

His lack of B-12 last summer caused some major signs of dementia. It was truly scary for him & myself. He's been doing great since. And other than that has done well with his early 80's WLS.

I've got to say I remember you (& a couple other faces on here) from the group support meeting I went to in late April / early May. I may go to the next 1 just to listen again. The clothing exchange sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the info. I love hearing what others have found to work well, it may save me some time & $$$!   :-)

ljc   >^..^<
Most Active