MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:04 pm, edited 11/28/07 7:27 am - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Kathy S.
on 4/2/08 8:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
A member emailed in this following information: Medicaid Dr. Juarez Abdominal Surgeons LTD 525 N. 18th Street Ste. 503  Phoenix, Arizona  85006.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

azcatdream
on 6/21/08 4:46 am - tucson, AZ
I personally had private insurance at the time in 2001. but I know a person who went to the WISH center in I believe Tempe and she had Medicare - SHE did have some to pay - around $2000 but that is all she had to pay I think - it was a few years ago. I have heard of AHCCCS paying - AZ  Medicaid paying, but dont know who takes it in Tucson or other parts of AZ. Have also heard of Tri-Care paying as well. Military Ins. Lisa in Tucson        
Prickly Pear
on 9/12/09 11:19 am - Sahuarita, AZ
 I recently moved to Sahuarita, AZ (near Tucson) from Georgia. I now have ACCCHS. From what I have found the Phoenix Health Plan does cover WLS but the problem is getting a doctor who will accept it. I went to a seminar for Dr. Sarah Lee in Oro Valley today. Her office accepts ACCCHS and I confirmed with ACCCHS that they do pay for WLS. Dr. Lee only performs the Lap Band. I have my consultation with Dr. Lee on 9/16/09.
JRinAZ
on 9/13/09 3:14 pm - Layton, UT
On September 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM Pacific Time, franchescamorris wrote:
 I recently moved to Sahuarita, AZ (near Tucson) from Georgia. I now have ACCCHS. From what I have found the Phoenix Health Plan does cover WLS but the problem is getting a doctor who will accept it. I went to a seminar for Dr. Sarah Lee in Oro Valley today. Her office accepts ACCCHS and I confirmed with ACCCHS that they do pay for WLS. Dr. Lee only performs the Lap Band. I have my consultation with Dr. Lee on 9/16/09.
I LOVE Dr. Lee!!!!!  Tell her hello from Joyce from Phoenix!!!

Welcome to AZ and best wishes on your journey! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

jinks
on 7/16/08 1:42 pm
In CA:

UCLA accepts Medi-Cal

Methodist Hospital, USC University Hospita and L.A. Baritric Center accepts Medicare & Medi-Cal

EileenAZatgoal
on 9/24/11 1:52 pm, edited 9/24/11 1:54 pm - Anthem, AZ
I am aware that Dr. Jaurez takes medicare and he is an excellent doctor.  I am afraid of the area of town where St. Luke's Hospital is located.  It is a run down, barrio neighborhood and I am afraid to go there.  I have lived in the Phoenix area for over 50 years and have seen it change dramatically. 
I had a sleep study there about 12 years ago and was admitted through the ER.  It looked like a jail!  They had a small window with wire going through it and a police officer there all of the time.  It felt like a jail. I am not comfortable with that hospital and was treated badly by the staff.
Does Dr. Juarez  go to any other hospitals in Phoenix or Scottsdale?
I am looking for someone to help me with possible complications with a fobi pouch that was done by my surgeon *****tired. I have been told by bariatric physicians that the silastic ring put in the bottom of the pouch erodes with time and must be removed.  I am 10 years out and have had some problems with vomiting, but it is improving with time. Can the silastic ring be removed in the Dr's office through an endogastric tube? 
The only other Dr. that does this follow up care is Dr. Slessinger in Tempe.  I live in Anthem and this is just too far for me to drive. 
I have called other bariatric surgeon's offices and they don't want to touch any other surgeon's work or do a revision.  What should I do? I am quite concerned about this problem.  I had the open gastric bypass with a fobi pouch and a silastic ring was placed at the bottom of the pouch 10 years ago.  Has anyone else had this removed and if so, what was the procedure like?
Kennysmom
on 3/3/13 4:43 am

Dr. Juarez did my gastric bypass at St. Luke's Hospital.  I loved the fact the entire floor only had weightloss patients and the medical staff worked on that floor only.  The best of the best.  The hospital is very safe and you could always have security walk you and your nurse as you are leaving to your car which will pick you up at the door.  All hospitals have police officers present during evening hours so try not to let that bother you... best of luck.

Raigne
on 9/15/08 5:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
I haven't had an appointment with him yet, but will be attending his seminar next week.  I have already confirmed that he accepts Medicare.

Dr. Hilario Juarez
525 N. 18th Street
Phoenix, AZ

He works through The Bridges Center at St. Lukes Hospital

www.stlukesmedcenter.com/events/bariatrics

800-248-5553 (This is the phone number to schedule seminar attendance.  His office tells you that you need to attend a seminar before anything else, so I'm giving this number.)

Brende347
on 10/9/08 10:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr Hillaro Juarez
Dr Daniel Fang
602 252 1510

St Lukes Bridges Program  www.bridgesaz.com
Most Active