Looking for a WLS-friendly PCP

avondalefatty
on 1/27/11 12:16 pm - avondale, AZ
Time to change doctors! Can any of you fine forum friends recommend a PCP? I'm willing to travel anywhere from Tonopah to Phoenix, from Sun City to Laveen. Only requirement is TRULY WLS friendly!
Ann M.
on 1/27/11 9:42 pm - Peoria, AZ
I use Dr. Michael Underhill of Paseo Docs on 59th Ave, just north of Bell.  Someone here recommended another doc there over a year ago but he wasn't accepting patients but Dr. Underhill was.  Dr. Underhill has a good knowledge of the needs of a bypass patient, he has several.  He knows what blood tests to do and what to keep an eye on and the special needs we have.  Since I don't have a surgeon here, I know that if there is a problem, Dr. Underhill will hook me up with his surgeon of choice (RB) and then I'll be able to have a "go to" bariatric doc who would not normally take patients she has not done the surgery on. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
DawnSkwartz
on 2/7/11 3:45 am, edited 2/7/11 3:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
My PCP is Dr. Ted Faro in Goodyear/Avondale area. He's awesome and very supportive! He's with Abrazo Health Care and his number is (623) 882-9161. I totally recommend him. :-)
--Dawn
Lady Lithia
on 2/13/11 4:39 am
Dr. Matthew Duke in Buckeye

623-386-5785

Not only is he friendly for taht.. but he's the best doctor in the world on top!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

BertsGettingThin
on 2/14/11 9:09 am - AZ
Dr Mary Ellen Dirlam  At Samaritan Internal Medicine. 602 839 3927 Near Good Sam Hospital

She is great and was right with me on the surgery.  She got everything to the surgeon on time and has been very supportive.  Super doc
BertsGettingThin    
Most Active