support groups?

REININGCHICK
on 2/28/11 7:06 am - AZ
im in need of some major support. im having a hard time right now. ive lost 120lbs. day of surgery i was at 315 im at 195 now. ive not lost a single pound. im not able to go back to my surgeon because my insurance no longer pays for gastric appointments unless i come up with the cash my self.
no one on the main board has really helped me
im looknig for asupport group, only problem is i have school m-w

ginau
on 2/28/11 11:06 am - mesa, AZ

Stales are so hard !!  what do you think is holding you back from loosing ?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/1/11 12:34 pm
I recently found a support group.  Not sure what part of the valley you are in but here is the info I got from Ann M.
2nd Saturday in March at 10:30.  It's in the Sun City room behind Menke's at 103rd & Coggins
I am still a newbie but I am struggling.  This will be my first meeting.  How was your experience with Bridges?  
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

skinnymeforever
on 3/7/11 2:29 am - AZ
Hi - I may be interested in this support group. It is closer than the one the surgeon supplies (Scottsdale) and I'm in Litchfield Park.  But, I first need to see what the requirements are for going to theirs.  Can you keep me updated on these if you go?  My surgery is tomorrow and I'm really looking for some mutual friends in West Phoenix to talk to about what they are experiencing after surgery. However, I am having the VSG and I'm not sure how many others here are having the same surgery. It seems so many do the band.
Ann M.
on 3/13/11 1:01 am - Peoria, AZ
The group is for anyone who has had weight loss surgery or is thinking about it.  You're welcome to come April 9th and give us a try.  We have a couple of lapbanders but the rest of us are RNY,  I haven't had any experience with the VSG but if you're looking for support, please come and spend 90 minutes with us.  You'll learn from us and we'll definitely learn from you.  The most important thing is that you'll get the support you're looking for and a group who will share your successes.  I'm not sure about the Bridges group being open to others who have not had the surgery by their doctors.  I have heard that this is a very good group and has very good information to share so please give them a call and check it out to see if you can join them also.

I look forward to seeing you on the 9th.  Please shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll put you on the email list for a meeting reminder.

Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Jennifer M.
on 4/6/11 4:29 am - Goodyear, AZ
 HI Ann!

I am having VSG done next Wed. 4/13 in Mexico. Technically its a revision, I had a band for 3.5yrs and had it removed last year in May in emergency surgery. I am looking for a support group to join. I live in Goodyear. Please let me know.

Jennifer
[email protected]
 ...a work in progress...    
Ann M.
on 4/6/11 10:23 am - Peoria, AZ
Jennifer, we meet this Saturday in the Sun City room.  Come up Litchfield to Olive, Olive to 111th, 111th to Peoria, Peoria to 103rd, turn left and go to Coggins, turn left and you're at the Sun City Room.  We meet at 10:30.  I hope to see you there if you can make it.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/2/11 9:55 am
Just got this info in the mail today:
Bridges support groups
Gastric Bypass "nutrition refresher" 5 - 6 pm every first Tuesday of each month
Gastric Bypass Support Group w Psychologist 6:30 - 8 pm every first Tuesday of each month

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

dbuckeye
on 3/12/11 8:32 am - Sun City, AZ
I goes to bridges support group the Gastric Bypass Support Group w Psychologist has been changed to 6:00 - 7:00.  With maybe a 5 minute break between the 2 groups.  Hope to see you there.

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

Most Active