revision

REININGCHICK
on 11/17/11 11:01 pm - AZ
im 2 and a half years out from having RNY. The problem is that im stuck at 195lbs. i work out 4-5 days aweek. i watch what i eat and i cant seem to lose any weight. my labs have been pulled everything is perfect. i watch my carbs get my protein in. and still nothing. ive been dealing wtih this for over a year. my body will not lose. im resorted to going to all liquids to try and shock my body. not sure this will help. no one has any idea why i cant lose the weight. Ive been seriously thinking about having a revision done. someone said before about a doctor that will do a revision in vegaS? do they do payments or what? i have about 50-60 more pounds before i hit my goal.im at 195 right now id like to get to 140-150ish im 5-6.

any one have suggestions?

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 7:52 am
Hi there,
  I was going through old posts, and saw yourrs. Were you able to lose anymore?  I got stuck at 200 lbs, and have actually gone up to 235.  My problem is that I don't get up off my ass to excersise that much, and I eat too many carbs.  Hopefully I can get back on track.  Good luck!
LynanneInAZ
on 3/27/12 2:39 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm having the same issue. I had RNY with Dr. Burpee in Tucson at Northwest Medical Center in June 2009. I was 420 at surgery, my lowest was 200 in 2010 and now I'm back up to 265. I'm really frustrated with myself and I've been looking into the revision message boards here.

Revisions are something that your particular doctor will have to advise you on. Many people have had success with a lap band over an RNY, and others recommend a switch to a DS, but that is more tricky and less doctors perform that procedure.

As for myself, before I go down the revision route I need to:
1. Get back on track with daily exercise. This is difficult with my work schedule, but I can't make excuses.
2. Eat healthy. Though I can't eat as much as I did before, I am now able to drink with meals and eat sugar without too many issues.
3. Realize that losing weight is difficult. My genetics are against me, I have PCOS, an apple body shape, and my body loves to hold on to calories. I have to accept that I will never likely be below a size 18 or have a flat tummy (I'm 5'10"). Accepting things we can't change is so hard, but we must have courage to change the things we can.
Most Active