Please Help

drmroth
on 3/6/14 8:28 am

Hi All!

It's so exciting to read about the progress you've all made . Congratulations.

I have a problem and can use your help. I was referred to Dr. Blackstone in Scottsdale. I went through all the tests, pre-op appointments and was scheduled for surgery but then when I finally got the chance to meet with Dr. Blackstone (I tried to meet with her on many occasions because I'm on steroids for health issues and I wasn't sure if I would be a candidate) she said that she wouldn't feel comfortable doing my surgery. Now I'm left having to try and find someone else that will agree to work with me and I have no idea where to begin. All my doctors recommended Dr. Blackstone, people I've spoken with referred Dr. Blackstone. I heard she was the best and of course I wanted the best.

So now I need to find another "best". Please help me by responding with your experiences with different doctors - pros and cons. I live in N. Scottsdale but I can travel so it doesn't matter if the surgery is here or another state. I just want someone with a good medical background and years of experience with laproscopic RNY.

As a side note: has anyone that is on steroids for adrenal insufficiency had success with RNY? 

I would welcome and thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you for your help.

Most Active